Thanks BB,
I take there are no known sources of Power/Speed/Torque curves then ?.
Springelec
4L V8 Sport ?.
Dark interiors
I feel out of it now BB i have a light coloured interior on my Supercharged Daimler........but i will soldier on regardless with my 10 year old banger
.........Joe
.........Joe
-
springelec
- Posts:39
- Joined:Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:24 pm
XJR
Hi Everyone,
In my quest to find more technical data on the XJ, I found this link in Wikipedia.
http://www.jagweb.com/aj6eng/v8_performance.html
It's very interesting and leads to lots of other stuff.
Enjoy
Springelec
In my quest to find more technical data on the XJ, I found this link in Wikipedia.
http://www.jagweb.com/aj6eng/v8_performance.html
It's very interesting and leads to lots of other stuff.
Enjoy
Springelec
-
springelec
- Posts:39
- Joined:Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:24 pm
XJR 100
Hi Everyone,
At the time of writing, 4th May 2009, there's an XJR 100 just posted on Ebay for £12K.
It's advertised as a 2001 model, although I believe they were made in 2002 and only has 50K miles on the clock.
Too much for me and it's all black which I'm not interested in, but Paul and others' should have a look and allow themselves to be tempted ! !.
Springelec
At the time of writing, 4th May 2009, there's an XJR 100 just posted on Ebay for £12K.
It's advertised as a 2001 model, although I believe they were made in 2002 and only has 50K miles on the clock.
Too much for me and it's all black which I'm not interested in, but Paul and others' should have a look and allow themselves to be tempted ! !.
Springelec
-
Brakebuster
- Posts:3145
- Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
- Location:Gloucester UK
well, as you may or may-not know,
only 100 of these cars were ever made ( Sir W Lyons birthday ?? ) , which makes it quite rare , if its worth £12k is another matter ,
its certainly fully packed with all the extra's, especially heated rear seats in a SWB car, now that is rare,
being a 51 plate means it can be registered any time until end of March 2002 ,
if you have the money to buy it, and even more money to look after it, then it will be worth a mint in twenty years time,
now, where is my cheque book........................
BB
only 100 of these cars were ever made ( Sir W Lyons birthday ?? ) , which makes it quite rare , if its worth £12k is another matter ,
its certainly fully packed with all the extra's, especially heated rear seats in a SWB car, now that is rare,
being a 51 plate means it can be registered any time until end of March 2002 ,
if you have the money to buy it, and even more money to look after it, then it will be worth a mint in twenty years time,
now, where is my cheque book........................
BB
all and any of the other extra's like cruise control, ... will be a bonus if included , but not on the original spec of a 'Sport'
Cruise control was standard on Sports from 2001.
all XJR's are built on a ' standard ' wheel-base, and weigh a similar amount to the NA cars ( about 2000kg ), maybe a few kg's more , but you wont notice it.
The kerb weight of an XJR is 65KG more than a NA X308.
Cruise control was standard on Sports from 2001.
all XJR's are built on a ' standard ' wheel-base, and weigh a similar amount to the NA cars ( about 2000kg ), maybe a few kg's more , but you wont notice it.
The kerb weight of an XJR is 65KG more than a NA X308.
-
springelec
- Posts:39
- Joined:Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:24 pm
XJR
To wrap up this discussion I should announce to the forum that I did buy an XJR as recommended by members.
I've bought a '99 model with 89K on the clock in June 2009, but resisted making this announcement because I wanted to see if it was going to be the car I hoped it would be or a complete dog.
I'm pleased to say my XJR has more than surpassed my expectations. In fact it's so much better than my wife's XK8, that even she prefers driving the XJR than her own car ! !.
Thanks to all members for their advice about the purchase. With about sixteen weeks under our belt, we've enough driving experience with the car to state that it's a brilliant design and brilliant to drive.
Only had one problem which I believe I've sorted out, but that detail is explained under another topic in this forum "Engine Stops".
If anyone needs help buying an X308, my advice is simple; buy an XJR.
Springelec
I've bought a '99 model with 89K on the clock in June 2009, but resisted making this announcement because I wanted to see if it was going to be the car I hoped it would be or a complete dog.
I'm pleased to say my XJR has more than surpassed my expectations. In fact it's so much better than my wife's XK8, that even she prefers driving the XJR than her own car ! !.
Thanks to all members for their advice about the purchase. With about sixteen weeks under our belt, we've enough driving experience with the car to state that it's a brilliant design and brilliant to drive.
Only had one problem which I believe I've sorted out, but that detail is explained under another topic in this forum "Engine Stops".
If anyone needs help buying an X308, my advice is simple; buy an XJR.
Springelec
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests
