Its 2013 a new year.......

Moderators:robv12, DavidEm

joejag308

Member
Posts:838
Joined:Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:45 am
Location:LEEDS
Its 2013 a new year.......

Postby joejag308 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:26 pm

Are we all well and running?........tme to get the old cats out and give them a polish...well some of us anyway.......main attractions on again this year i see, big one on Fathers Day at harewood House leeds, a week later we have Northern day at Newby hall event then its the JEC Scottish Day at Dune in Scotland on the 30th June......all these events are well attended....hope to see you there...... :lol:

User avatar
robv12

Member
Posts:2080
Joined:Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:11 am
Location:scottish borders

Re: Its 2013 a new year.......

Postby robv12 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:54 pm

Joe, we too had a good weekend, warm, suuny and dry, loads done on the fleet here in readiness for the Spring, really need to get the cars out and stretch their legas soon

Mrs J and I will be at all the events you mention, Newby, Doune,(not Dune!!!) and the new North East event at Witton Castle Bishop Auckland the weekend aftre Doune, put it in your diary, hope to meet up with you at one if not all of these

our first event in Edinburgh is in fact this Sunday, just as the snow is forcast to return!!

User avatar
GordonJ
Posts:361
Joined:Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:24 pm
Location:Doncaster. South Yorkshire

Re: Its 2013 a new year.......

Postby GordonJ » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:01 am

Where can I find details of the Harewood House show.
XJ6 X350 Sovereign
Chairman. Doncaster and District Region
Email. doncaster.district@gmail.com
Previous Jaguars.
XJ8 Sovereign in Seafrost
S Type in Red

drb100

Member
Posts:138
Joined:Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:54 pm
Location:Shropshire

Re: Its 2013 a new year.......

Postby drb100 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:25 pm

http://www.harewood.org/whats-on/events/5/963

Some details via this link of the event in June.
David
XF 2.2 Diesel
XK 4.2 Coupe

User avatar
GordonJ
Posts:361
Joined:Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:24 pm
Location:Doncaster. South Yorkshire

Re: Its 2013 a new year.......

Postby GordonJ » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:02 pm

Thanks for that David, I looked on their web site last night and saw nothing. I'm sure I'll take this one in. Only just up the road.

Gordon
XJ6 X350 Sovereign
Chairman. Doncaster and District Region
Email. doncaster.district@gmail.com
Previous Jaguars.
XJ8 Sovereign in Seafrost
S Type in Red

User avatar
GordonJ
Posts:361
Joined:Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:24 pm
Location:Doncaster. South Yorkshire

Re: Its 2013 a new year.......

Postby GordonJ » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:14 pm

Hi Rob,
many years ago the venue at Doune used to be a car museum if I'm not mistaken. Went a few times to the classic shows to look at the Triumphs as my father worked in Coventry for a few years.

Gordon
XJ6 X350 Sovereign
Chairman. Doncaster and District Region
Email. doncaster.district@gmail.com
Previous Jaguars.
XJ8 Sovereign in Seafrost
S Type in Red

jedstone

Member
Posts:9
Joined:Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:41 pm
Location:Gosport, Hampshire
Contact:

Re: Its 2013 a new year.......

Postby jedstone » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:33 pm

Thought I might even the balance of all you Northeners. Glad to hear you're still cleaning the car Joe!

Not much liklihood that I'll get to Northern Day but planning to make it to "our" Day..

Best wishes from a sunny if a little chilly Gosport :D
'01 Daimler SuperV8 4.0
'76 Honda 400/4

joejag308

Member
Posts:838
Joined:Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:45 am
Location:LEEDS

Re: Its 2013 a new year.......

Postby joejag308 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:23 am

Gordon,if you go to the Fathers Day event at Harewood, there is a proposed Jaguar stand for any Jag wishing to have a group stand, instead of Jags all over the place, you pay a small fee to exhibit on top of your entrance fee........the three main Yorkshire JEC regions will be there so why not join in, brings back memories of days gone by having a large contingent of Jags (and some rather nice Daimlers too) its a big enough show even for the raffle car to attend... :roll: :wink:

User avatar
GordonJ
Posts:361
Joined:Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:24 pm
Location:Doncaster. South Yorkshire

Re: Its 2013 a new year.......

Postby GordonJ » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:18 am

It's my intention to go to this show, my pal might go as well with his XJS. I'll know more on Monday night after our meeting and let you know then

Gordon
XJ6 X350 Sovereign
Chairman. Doncaster and District Region
Email. doncaster.district@gmail.com
Previous Jaguars.
XJ8 Sovereign in Seafrost
S Type in Red

giblet
Posts:10
Joined:Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:21 pm
Location:Leeds

Re: Its 2013 a new year.......

Postby giblet » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:20 pm

If my car is up to scratch by June (and I hope it will be) then I will most likely make an appearance at the Harewood House event
1998 X308 XJR

joejag308

Member
Posts:838
Joined:Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:45 am
Location:LEEDS

Re: Its 2013 a new year.......

Postby joejag308 » Wed May 01, 2013 8:52 pm

There is always the JEC Northern Day at Newby Hall too...... A must be there event ..... :roll:

giblet
Posts:10
Joined:Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:21 pm
Location:Leeds

Re: Its 2013 a new year.......

Postby giblet » Thu May 02, 2013 2:36 pm

The Northern day is my priority meet up. JoeJag308, are you a member on the Detailing World forum? I may have spoken to you on there quite a while back, the car certainly rings a bell.
1998 X308 XJR

joejag308

Member
Posts:838
Joined:Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:45 am
Location:LEEDS

Re: Its 2013 a new year.......

Postby joejag308 » Sat May 11, 2013 9:08 am

Giblet, I am a member of sorts in the detailing mob get to meets when possible, but most are a bit of a distance to go,.....im surprised that with a city the size of Leeds there are no other meet ups ......but ive just done my first detail using my rotary after having the thing for 2 years its come out OK, its got rid of the swirls ect, now its the final finish that's the decider.....I have found out a very good final finish application but its not for the purists in the forum, my limitations as to mobility is my problem. But there are products to overcome that by being easy to apply and easy to buff to a finish........I am in Leeds 27, any time you fancy a meet or a chat let me know I will be at Fathers Day Harewood, and Northern Day Newby Hall also so don't be shy I don't bite .....Joe

giblet
Posts:10
Joined:Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:21 pm
Location:Leeds

Re: Its 2013 a new year.......

Postby giblet » Sat May 11, 2013 12:45 pm

I'm also surprised at the lack of local meets. I attended one over at Shinerama in Manchester last year, it was a rather informative training day held by Kelly from KDS Keltec. He does some amazing work on some rather top end cars. I have only managed to correct half my bootlid so far due to the weather, that was with my G220 DA machine but I still need to work on my plan of attack as a few rds marks still remain.

Thanks for the PM, I will give you a shout to arrange up a meet. Cheers :)
1998 X308 XJR


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest