Waiting for my 1997 Super 8
Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:54 pm
Hello Everybody,
Thought I had better introduce myself properly, as my previous posts just had my nic (flycatcher) on them. I've had a Daimler X300 1995 for 7 years now, but it's finally come time to reluctantly say farewell (the lacquer is coming off the roof, and starting to do the same on the bonnet) and replace it. I love the 'ride' of the Daimler, so decided on a Super 8. I had a near miss when I agreed a deal on one, only to discover it had been in a shunt and was suspect enough for the dealer to refuse to sell it to me. Now another has come up, and as I write I am waiting to go and collect it - swapping personal plates at the same time. Can't wait! The only slight concerns I have are that I will need to put a towbar on it (I'm told that the old one from my X300 won't do), and info on sourcing one for an X308 is sketchy to say the least, and the Super 8 is all fitted out for a phone (cradle, cabling, aerial etc) but no phone! I really don't know if it's worth scouring eBay for a replacement, and if I did whether it would work as well as my current mobile which sits in my top pocket and workd very well with my bluetooth earpiece. Do I try to get a Startac phone, or do I try to remove the cradle from the armrest. Any advice will be gratefully accepted.
By the way, my name is Ray, and I live in Bedford.
Thought I had better introduce myself properly, as my previous posts just had my nic (flycatcher) on them. I've had a Daimler X300 1995 for 7 years now, but it's finally come time to reluctantly say farewell (the lacquer is coming off the roof, and starting to do the same on the bonnet) and replace it. I love the 'ride' of the Daimler, so decided on a Super 8. I had a near miss when I agreed a deal on one, only to discover it had been in a shunt and was suspect enough for the dealer to refuse to sell it to me. Now another has come up, and as I write I am waiting to go and collect it - swapping personal plates at the same time. Can't wait! The only slight concerns I have are that I will need to put a towbar on it (I'm told that the old one from my X300 won't do), and info on sourcing one for an X308 is sketchy to say the least, and the Super 8 is all fitted out for a phone (cradle, cabling, aerial etc) but no phone! I really don't know if it's worth scouring eBay for a replacement, and if I did whether it would work as well as my current mobile which sits in my top pocket and workd very well with my bluetooth earpiece. Do I try to get a Startac phone, or do I try to remove the cradle from the armrest. Any advice will be gratefully accepted.
By the way, my name is Ray, and I live in Bedford.