Nigel The car looks good just as a Jaguar should look, but if you put it in the registry pages you can see the instructions for adding more pictures and more information of your fine steed...............Joe
My Black XJR
-
blackflash
- Posts:177
- Joined:Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:37 am
Eventually found the register... but have deferred entry
1) Having read the Forum: General discussion thread about posting to the Gallery I thought I'd better point out that nowhere in there does it say how to find the Register. I must have had selective blindness as I could have sworn there was no highlighted link above the bulletin board when I was looking for it... probably helpful to tell everyone where it is.
2) But I haven't posted my pic as
(a) I can't be bothered to get my docs out now to look up the VIN etc and
(b) I'm not sure I actually want to provide such important info and
(c) I'm not sure why this has been made compulsory - on most car discussion boards you can post pics of your beast without going through this rigmarole and entering potentially sensitive/valuable info. Even if it's not shown on the site, this is the sort of thing like date of birth you're not usually encouraged to share unless vital because it can only make cloning easier.
Nigel
2) But I haven't posted my pic as
(a) I can't be bothered to get my docs out now to look up the VIN etc and
(b) I'm not sure I actually want to provide such important info and
(c) I'm not sure why this has been made compulsory - on most car discussion boards you can post pics of your beast without going through this rigmarole and entering potentially sensitive/valuable info. Even if it's not shown on the site, this is the sort of thing like date of birth you're not usually encouraged to share unless vital because it can only make cloning easier.
Nigel
Blackflash
'05 S-Type R in Liquid Silver with Dove leather and Aluminium trim
'05 S-Type R in Liquid Silver with Dove leather and Aluminium trim
Rules and regs
As they say dont shoot the messenger..........Joe
Hello Backflash
Pictures of your car are most welcome,but they belong in the vehicle register which is accessible via the Register & Gallery link highlighted in yellow at the top of the main BB page.
I am sorry you cannot be bothered to supply the basic information on your car.......and be assured that all information supplied is very carefully protected and secure from unauthorised access.
Security is the main reason why the registration system is the way that it is.
Pictures of your car are most welcome,but they belong in the vehicle register which is accessible via the Register & Gallery link highlighted in yellow at the top of the main BB page.
I am sorry you cannot be bothered to supply the basic information on your car.......and be assured that all information supplied is very carefully protected and secure from unauthorised access.
Security is the main reason why the registration system is the way that it is.
-
blackflash
- Posts:177
- Joined:Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:37 am
Done
I have registered and included the photo.
The technology of this website is not good. If you want to post a pic in a post you must use Photobucket or similar - did that - but if you want to include the same photo on the register then you have to have it stored on your computer and upload it.
As someone else has pointed out, only about half the screen area is used most of the time.
And the post about pictures and their size and resolution is one of the most complex I've ever read.
I value the Board but think you're not far from needing a technology refresh to make it more accessible. There are far worse websites out there (the main JEC one included!) but there are also better. Good luck,
Nigel
The technology of this website is not good. If you want to post a pic in a post you must use Photobucket or similar - did that - but if you want to include the same photo on the register then you have to have it stored on your computer and upload it.
As someone else has pointed out, only about half the screen area is used most of the time.
And the post about pictures and their size and resolution is one of the most complex I've ever read.
I value the Board but think you're not far from needing a technology refresh to make it more accessible. There are far worse websites out there (the main JEC one included!) but there are also better. Good luck,
Nigel
Blackflash
'05 S-Type R in Liquid Silver with Dove leather and Aluminium trim
'05 S-Type R in Liquid Silver with Dove leather and Aluminium trim
Hello Nigel
Thank you for registering and we are pleased that you find the Forum useful.
I note your comments regarding the BB Technology but would point out that it has recently been updated and is widely considered a vast improvement on its predecessor.!
It is however "proprietary software" and nothing is perfect. We value and always consider feedback from our members, and we are continually trying to make all parts of the BB as accessible and easy to use as possible, without compromising the security,and efficiency of the site.
On the particular issue of uploading pictures, it is our policy that the Bulletin Board should be used for text only, hence there is not a published system for attaching pictures to BB posts, and where it happens it is actively discouraged by the Moderators.
The place for pictures of members cars (in small numbers)is on the Register, and for pictures with narrative (ie illustrated projects and news items) the Gallery is the place.
Best Regards
Admin
Thank you for registering and we are pleased that you find the Forum useful.
I note your comments regarding the BB Technology but would point out that it has recently been updated and is widely considered a vast improvement on its predecessor.!
It is however "proprietary software" and nothing is perfect. We value and always consider feedback from our members, and we are continually trying to make all parts of the BB as accessible and easy to use as possible, without compromising the security,and efficiency of the site.
On the particular issue of uploading pictures, it is our policy that the Bulletin Board should be used for text only, hence there is not a published system for attaching pictures to BB posts, and where it happens it is actively discouraged by the Moderators.
The place for pictures of members cars (in small numbers)is on the Register, and for pictures with narrative (ie illustrated projects and news items) the Gallery is the place.
Best Regards
Admin
pic with posts
Nigel one issue re the problem is it is a matter of space .......why dont you put the pics in the Gallery with a link on your posts to the pics...
maybe this would be a solution....Joe
maybe this would be a solution....Joe
-
blackflash
- Posts:177
- Joined:Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:37 am
Done
Done but I'm intrigued: what sort of space?
Blackflash
'05 S-Type R in Liquid Silver with Dove leather and Aluminium trim
'05 S-Type R in Liquid Silver with Dove leather and Aluminium trim
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
