Just joined

Moderators:robv12, DavidEm

AngusXKR
Posts:4
Joined:Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:27 am
Just joined

Postby AngusXKR » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:03 pm

Hi all

I've just joined so I thought a quick hello was in order.

My car is a 2002 XJ sport 3.2. I might even get round to posting some photos when the weather makes it worth chiselling some of the crud off it :D


colincdf5
Posts:3
Joined:Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:00 pm

New to Forum

Postby colincdf5 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:49 pm

Hi Angus

I have also recently joined the forum. I own a 1998 XJ8 Sport 3.2 in Anthracite/Oatmeal interior. I am also only the second private owner and the car has covered just over 54,000.

I have owned the car for 5 years and have experienced a few niggles, such as photocromic mirror leaking, N/S wheel bearing 7 slight corrosion around shock absorber mount N/S. I have heard of several cases of this in earlier XJ8s.

I must admitthat every time I drive the car, it puts a great big smile on my face. A superb motor.

I am also the Chairman of the Essexthameside Region of the JEC.

colincdf5


joejag308

Member
Posts:838
Joined:Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:45 am
Location:LEEDS

Welcome

Postby joejag308 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:04 am

A belated welcome to you two gents,sorry for the late response but in still getting used to the workings of the BB in certain areas.
Re the corrosion item its worth keeping an eye on the problem, in some cases it has resulted in MOT failure.
Its the protective plate that Jaguar spot welded instead of contiuous welding and the water gets down the back of the spot welds causing the corrosion.......the remedy is to either get the plate removed and rewelded creating the continuous weld then giving it plenty of underseal or Waxoyl treatment........Joe


colincdf5
Posts:3
Joined:Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:00 pm

Corrosion on Shock Mounts

Postby colincdf5 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:00 pm

Hi Joejag308

Thanks for advice on the isssue of corrosion arounfd the shock absorbrt mounts. I am pleased to report that it sailed through the MOT and seems to be holding off. However a Jaguar mechanic friend of mine re-applied more waxoyl. keeping a close eye on things as it will eventiually require welding.

The car is performing superbly and a pleasure to drive. I will be keeping her for many years to come.

Regards
colincdf5


daveji

Member
Posts:336
Joined:Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:08 am

Postby daveji » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:35 am

Hello and welcome to the Forum
If you are going to keep your car long term you may like to consider a comprehensive rustproofing job.
Alan Proctor....... and Son Andrew did mine last year and a great job they made of it!
They also supplied a CD of pics showing the progress of the job for the record.
Alan knows all the nooks and crannys and how to deal with them, is very thorough and pays real attention to detail........highly recommended.!





Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests