Became a member about a year ago when I bought my 4th Jag, a 1998 XJ8, x308 with milage of 36000 and in very good condition, other than a sagging roof lining.
Was a fairly easy job to fit a new one. Had an incorrect battery fitted, now changed. Everything else worked as it should untill recently when the boot would not unlock other than with the key.
Have changed the fuse (same fuse as the radio which works)
Will not unlock using the remote or the dashboard switch.
Just wondering if anyone had similar problem? Could suggest where to look next.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
George
Boot lock
Re: Boot lock
Hi George and welcome to the J.E.C.Forums.
Sorry to hear your having a problem.
Your most likely cause will be in the area where the wiring enters the boot lid by the hinge on the drivers side.
There could be a broken wire within that area.
This was the state of mine when I had problems. If all looks good it could be the solenoid,so that will need checking.
You didn't say if the boot button worked or not,I take it it didn't which also points to the wiring being suspect.
Hope that helps a bit and good luck.
Take care and stay safe.
Andy
Sorry to hear your having a problem.
Your most likely cause will be in the area where the wiring enters the boot lid by the hinge on the drivers side.
There could be a broken wire within that area.
This was the state of mine when I had problems. If all looks good it could be the solenoid,so that will need checking.
You didn't say if the boot button worked or not,I take it it didn't which also points to the wiring being suspect.
Hope that helps a bit and good luck.
Take care and stay safe.
Andy
2011 X351 3.0d LWB
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia
-
robandkatechandler964

- Posts:4
- Joined:Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:05 pm
Re: Boot lock
Hi, Not sure if this will help but on my X type it was loss of earth to the boot. If your XJ has the loom coming out from the body to the corner of the boot lid then it is possible that the earth cable may have been broken. I could go on as to what to do but I`ll let you see if that is the problem. Let me know if I can be of any further help. Regards Rob.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests