Hello everyone from Trieste

Moderators:robv12, DavidEm

missjaguara
Posts:6
Joined:Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:10 am
Hello everyone from Trieste

Postby missjaguara » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:41 am

Hello everyone. My name is Gabriella, I'm from Trieste.
I joined this forum because I have always been passionate about Jaguar, especially the XJ, which I drive since I have a driver's license.
I have had a 1976 second series XJ6, a 1979 XJ-S pre HE and a 1998 XJ8 X308.
Among my hobbies I have the mechanic works and for about twenty years I put my hands on Jaguar 6, 8 and 12 cylinders engines. Now I'm also equipped for bodywork and in my future I'm going to restore some Jaguars, obviously without haste and for personal passion and satisfaction.
In addition to the Jaguars I like classic wooden sailing boats and I should soon start a new activity for the production of radio-controlled scale models of wooden sailboats (pond models).
Please excuse my english language translate.
Thanks everyone.

Gabriella

User avatar
RichardSEL
Posts:845
Joined:Thu May 26, 2016 6:29 pm

Re: Hello everyone from Trieste

Postby RichardSEL » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:09 am

Hello and welcome...

I have had three XJ8: a Sport (now sold), an Executive (now my daily) and a 4L Long Wheel Base with all the extras (now sold) There is lots of people with knowledge in here so hope this forum will be your resource!

The model boats sound interesting. One of the regular contributors builds some special model aircraft as well

Good luck with your XJ8 -- post some pictures?
Richard
Gone: '59 Mark I, '56 Mark VIIM, '59 Mark IX, '01 XJ8 Sovereign 4L LWB, '01 XJ8 Sport 3.2L, '01 XJ8 Exec 3.2L
Current: '03 Strange Rover L322
Completing re-trim: '73 Owen Sedanca 4.2L
Now being re-built: '61 Mark IX with 4.2L

User avatar
Andy P

Member
Posts:960
Joined:Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:51 am
Location:Plymouth,Devon,U.K. J.E.C.Member

Re: Hello everyone from Trieste

Postby Andy P » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:05 pm

Hello Gabriella,
Welcome to the forum,sounds like you have a nice set up over there.
It's always good to have the equipment at hand when working on the cars.
I never seem to have enough space though :( .
Good luck with your restoring adventure.
As Richards says post some photo's so we can see what you have.
Take Care.
Andy :D
2011 X351 3.0d LWB
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia

missjaguara
Posts:6
Joined:Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:10 am

Re: Hello everyone from Trieste

Postby missjaguara » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:15 am

Hi all. Thanks for the welcome.
Here are the photos of my cars:
The XJ6 II series was my first car. I still have it but it is not usable. Sooner or later I will completely restore it. The engine is 4,2 litre automatic.
The XJ-S is no longer with me. She was 5,3 litre automatic.
The XJ8 is still with me. She is 4,0 litre normally aspirate and work very well. Unfortunately with she I had an accident some time ago, I slipped on the icy road and I hit a wall reporting damage. However, between changing she with another and repair she I decided to repair she, even if spare parts and equipment cost me more than replace the car. But that's okay, she will stay with me forever, and anyway I'm pretty far ahead with the restoration work and soon she will be beautiful again like and more than before. In addition to repairs I will repaint she completely and I will need to ask about the dismantling of some parts, but for this I will open a new topic. Now I have recently repaired the biggest damage (in engine bay) and I am waiting for some spare parts to come back to replace the engine and then move on to the rest. The next wheels of the XJ8 will be its original Celtic with Continental or Michelin tyres (some suggestions?)
XJ6 001.jpg
DSCF5756.jpg
P1040038.jpg
The XJ6 is photographed with a key on the roof like on toy cars ... I do not know if you can see well


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests