Hi guys - just bought an XJR

Moderators:robv12, DavidEm

Daveyboy20
Posts:2
Joined:Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:26 pm
Hi guys - just bought an XJR

Postby Daveyboy20 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:40 pm

I've had a 1997 X300 XJ6 Sport, a 2003 X350 XJ8, and I've just bought a 2001 XJR :D

My main reason for signing up is that there's a JEC sticker on the rear screen and I'm keen to find out if anyone knows any more info about my XJR? The reg is Y291 NWP, it's been modified by Paramount Performance, and it's had an LPG conversion.

No worries if not; seems like a good place for info!

Daveyboy20
Posts:2
Joined:Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:26 pm

Re: Hi guys - just bought an XJR

Postby Daveyboy20 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:05 pm

#tumbleweed

I'll see myself out then!

steve_m
Posts:1441
Joined:Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:46 am
Location:Wiltshire

Re: Hi guys - just bought an XJR

Postby steve_m » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:17 pm

Don't forget your coat!
Seriously though, if you ask a specific question and nobody knows the answer they aren't all going to reply with a 'Don't know, mate'.
Have you tried contacting Paramount?

User avatar
RichardSEL
Posts:845
Joined:Thu May 26, 2016 6:29 pm

Re: Hi guys - just bought an XJR

Postby RichardSEL » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:54 am

At 158,000+ you should have a four wheel laser alignment done
Have you got metal timing chain tensioners already?

Who did the LPG conversion?
Gone: '59 Mark I, '56 Mark VIIM, '59 Mark IX, '01 XJ8 Sovereign 4L LWB, '01 XJ8 Sport 3.2L, '01 XJ8 Exec 3.2L
Current: '03 Strange Rover L322
Completing re-trim: '73 Owen Sedanca 4.2L
Now being re-built: '61 Mark IX with 4.2L


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest