New member from Wigan

Moderators:robv12, DavidEm

XJ8Mike
Posts:2
Joined:Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:59 pm
New member from Wigan

Postby XJ8Mike » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:27 pm

Hi all,

I’m a total newbie to the Jag World so be nice.

So last weekend I decided I wanted a winter (will end up being a summer) project that needed a few things sorting, didn’t really want to go down the line of fully rebuilding something but something that I could work on at the weekend and save from the scrap man or breakers so this leads me to me buying……

2002 3.2L XJ8 Sport in silver 100,000 mile bit of history with black leather, It’s in fairly good condition body wise few bits on the wings starting to show but nothing that can’t be fixed but the main thing that needs to be sorted is the gearbox. There’s no forward drive but will select reverse no problem so this is one of the jobs I’ll be doing over the next month or so.

I have always liked the XJ8 and fancied a change and the price of these car at the moment with problems are giveaway prices, I understand they can be money pits to so I’m not wearing blinkers and think all this could be a quick/easy fix, but all that aside the Jag scene looks interesting so hopefully make some new friends.

Soon as the cars back at my house I will upload some pics.

Thanks
Mike

User avatar
Popsjag

Moderator
Posts:415
Joined:Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:06 pm
Location:Deeside, North Wales

Re: New member from Wigan

Postby Popsjag » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:14 pm

Welcome to the club, Mike.
2003 X350 XJR - daily driver
--------------------------------
Past vehicles:
1996 3.2 XJ6; 2004 2.7D Sport; 1996 4.0 LWB Sovereign;
1994 2.9 XJ40; 1978 5.3 Series 2 LWB

User avatar
Andy P

Member
Posts:960
Joined:Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:51 am
Location:Plymouth,Devon,U.K. J.E.C.Member

Re: New member from Wigan

Postby Andy P » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:47 am

Welcome to the J.E.C. Mike,
Good luck with your project,can't wait to see the photo's,always good to see the other project's out there.
Hope you get on with it o k,the end result will be worth it.
They truly are a wonderful car. :D
Have Fun.
Andy :D
2011 X351 3.0d LWB
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia

XJ8Mike
Posts:2
Joined:Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:59 pm

Re: New member from Wigan

Postby XJ8Mike » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:14 pm

Thanks guys i'm hoping there's is a few guys local I can call on for help if need be but I am sure ill be fine.

Cant wait get it home and start tinkering :D


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests