New to the Club and to Jaguars

Moderators:robv12, DavidEm

Dominicr
Posts:6
Joined:Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:25 pm
New to the Club and to Jaguars

Postby Dominicr » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:03 pm

Hi everyone

Have just acquired a 2002 XJ 3.2 SE LWB in anthracite with 24k miles on the clock.

I've just had a major service completed - oil, air and fuel filter, oil, gearbox oil & filter, pads all round, brake fluid, coolant, spark plugs. It was mostly preventative work. I was surprised to see the filthy grey colour of the gearbox oil and even more surprised by the extortionate cost of the esso fluid...

The car was one of a pair supplied to a major UK City and I have been told it was used for ferrying round visiting VIPs.

This car is a leap into the unknown for me and during my first long journey from the UK to home here in France I experienced a strange mixture of anxiety and enjoyment as I listened for unusual noises and kept an eye on the warning lights and temperature gauge. I am pleased to write that the car performed faultlessly during the thousand mile trip

I've everything to learn about the car and look forward to benefitting from the experience and expertise to be found within the JEC and on this forum.

Salut

Dominic


blackflash
Posts:177
Joined:Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:37 am

Postby blackflash » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:27 pm

Welcome to Jaguar ownership, to the Club and to the forum.

Wishing you many happy miles and years of Jaguar motoring.

Blackflash

Blackflash
'05 S-Type R in Liquid Silver with Dove leather and Aluminium trim

Dominicr
Posts:6
Joined:Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:25 pm

Postby Dominicr » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:59 pm

Hi backflash

Many thanks for your welcome. Love the "R". I've some friends who are Maserati/Citroen specialists and one of their own cars is an R reg XJR. A quick (very) trip in that car was one of the factors that pushed the X308 to the top of my list.

I've already got a few questions - must make sure I post them in the right place.

Dominic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests