New Member

Moderators:robv12, DavidEm

bryanb

Member
Posts:1
Joined:Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:23 pm
Location:St Helens, Merseyside
New Member

Postby bryanb » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:35 am

Hi all,

I've just got my JEC wings, I'm a proud owner of a 97 XJ-8 Sport 3.2, in burgundy/maroon/whatever-its-called.

This is my second jag, I previously had a nice 88 XJS 3.6 for a few years.

I bought my current baby July 07, totally on impulse. I saw it at a local dealer's forecourt, and it grew on me. I justified it by deciding it's a great chance to own a car with a nice V8 while I can still just about afford to run one. Next morning I bought it. Out of character for me, but it seems Jags bring that out in people :)

Bought with 120k on the clock, now about to hit 130k. It's had a factory recall engine replacement at 90k, and a replacement gearbox just after I bought it, under warranty.

Recently I had the throttle-body replacement recall done by Jaguar, that nicely fixed my occasional stall problem.

So far no expensive dramas, runs sweet and smooth for her age. (Is it weird to refer to a car as 'she' I often wonder? :? ).

Suspension is a little tired, so that's next on my to-do list when my bank balance recovers from the recent new tyres.

Is the expense worth it? Absolutely! :D



Regards,

-Bryan


joejag308

Member
Posts:838
Joined:Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:45 am
Location:LEEDS

WELCOME

Postby joejag308 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:47 am

Bryan.........when the effect of the drugs wears off will you feel the same,
its been widley known that local Jag dealers have been spraying a drug in the air to make people come and buy Jaguars.......although you seem to be now acting normal it could be you are like the rest of us in here.
But dont worry its a good feeling to own a 308 especially one that is running as well as yours seems to be..........good luck with it and once again welcome to the forum.........there is life in here..........Joe :lol:



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests