New to forum

Moderators:robv12, DavidEm

rosspa
Posts:1
Joined:Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:47 am
New to forum

Postby rosspa » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:55 am

Hi everyone, I've just joined the forum, mainly for any helpful information sharing. I have recently aquired a 1998 XJR V8 non-starter, after an overheating event. I have stripped the engine as far as removal of the cylinder heads. What I have discovered is not pretty! I have yet to check the bores, block and heads for warpage/damage. The engine was seized (water in bores) and one valve on each head had dropped its insert, jamming the said valve open. According to a more thorough appraisal, I have to decide whether the engine in salvageable or to obtain a replacement. In the meantime, any advice/ encouragement/special tool loan etc would be much appreciated.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests