Page 1 of 1

How do I remove this hose clamp?

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:57 am
by webbsclassic907
I have a 2003 XKR and the coolant hose connection on the right rear of the engine is leaking. It is close to the upstream OS sensor. It is a plastic clamp which connect a steel pipe to a rubber hose. How do I release this and also how is it repaired? Do I need to replace it or can I just remove it and put a regular hose clamp in it' place?

Thank you,
Jim Webb

Re: How do I remove this hose clamp?

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:23 pm
by ptjs1
Jim,

That's a quick-release clip made by the Norma company. It will release somehow by pressing the plastic tangs etc.

I'm not exactly sure, from your pic, where that hose is coming to / from. However if you look on the Jaguar parts website for your 2003 XKR, you might well find that the clip is still available.

Good luck

Paul

Re: How do I remove this hose clamp?

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:21 pm
by webbsclassic907
Thanks Paul:

I have poked around the clips but it doesn't want to release. It is located at the right rear of the engine near the OS sensor. I think it my go to the heater core.

Jim

Re: How do I remove this hose clamp?

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 5:25 pm
by Astromorg
There's a clip to press down that allows the locking ring to slide back. That releases the claw system that grips around the metal pipe. The seal is achieved with an internal O ring. There's often corrosion around the metal pipe making removal awkward.

There's a lot of discussion online about these connectors and the troubles experienced with them. Google Jaguar Norma connectors. Many owners have removed it and successfully used a short piece of heater hose to replace it.

The main purpose for such a quick fit connector would seem to be for speed on the production line, not to make life easy for the maintainer :(

Re: How do I remove this hose clamp?

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:14 pm
by ptjs1
Jim,

Not sure if it's this pipe, but this may help:

https://www.jaguarforum.com/threads/rem ... or.100533/

Paul

Re: How do I remove this hose clamp?

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:14 am
by webbsclassic907
Thank you both for your replies. I will try this again. The link is quite informative Paul. So the next question is: once I get this off can I clean up the pipe and reattach it of do I have to replace the connector? And does that mean replacing the complete hose?

Thank you all for your help!

Jim

Re: How do I remove this hose clamp?

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:09 pm
by ptjs1
Jim,

I THINK that quick-release connector has an O-ring as part of it. If so, I would carefully examine the integrity of that O-ring and change it as necessary.

Good luck

Paul

Re: How do I remove this hose clamp?

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:58 am
by webbsclassic907
Paul:

Thank you for your comments. I do think that there is an O-ring that may be causing the leak. I'll look into this as soon as I can. I am hoping that I can repair this rather than replace the hose as one end goes under the scuttle and disappears!

I'll let you know what I find.

Jim