Page 1 of 1
Topaz metallic
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:20 pm
by iaind
What are the members' views of Topaz metallic for an XK8?
I'm in two minds.
Does it suit the car?
Is it a sellable colour?
I'd appreciate anyone's views on the subject.
Re: Topaz metallic
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:33 am
by mike020150
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but colours come and go with the fashions! Right now, I'd suggest that Topaz isn't the most fashionable of colours but who cares if the car is in good condition and drives wonderfully? Mike.
Re: Topaz metallic
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:57 am
by iaind
Thank you for your reply, Mike.
Re: Topaz metallic
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:46 pm
by steve_m
One man's topaz is another man's beige.
I had a topaz (or very similar before someone corrects me) XJ40 a while back and it looked very smart.
Re: Topaz metallic
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:13 pm
by JimMann
Hi Ian, I doubt anyone is going to come on the Forum and criticise anyone's choice of colour for their Modern XK, but Topaz - really? Not when there are so many fine colours in the Modern XK palette out there to choose from, complemented by contrasting interior colours where appropriate.
Jim Mann
Re: Topaz metallic
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:40 pm
by Lucky
Well I think it's a lovely colour. My Merc estate was a very similar colour and it looked fantastic with appropriate interior trim colours - beige and wood in the case of the Merc. When I bought my XK8 it wasn't a colour I would have chosen (Quartz Grey) but everything else was right so I accepted it. Topaz was definitely on my list.