Further to my post of the 19th Sept 2020, I've finally got around to finding the source of my problem, P0332. I've completed all the usual things, renewed knock sensor, tested all wiring and all good. Traced the problem to the actual ECU, Bank 2, ECU socket EM83, pin number 23 which shows output as 0.01 Volt. ECU corresponding pin number 14 on Bank 1 shows output of 4.98 Volts which rules out wiring problems or knock sensor problems. Consequently sent ECU off to ECU Testing in Derby and have received a message today from them saying they haven't had any dealings with this type of ECU and were unable to test it.
So am understandable getting desperate now and was hoping someone out there has had an ECU repaired successfully on an XK8 or other Jaguar with a Denso ECU and can recommend a Company or offer any further help or advice.
Obviously I haven't been driving the car whilst it's in restricted performance mode.
Any assistance would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Mike
KNOCK KNOCK, IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE???
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
Re: KNOCK KNOCK, IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE???
Someone else was asking this recently. I offered this:
I've no personal experience of either of these two outfits, but both have excellent reputations
https://www.bluehawkelectronics.co.uk/
https://www.avilec.co.uk/
If you're brave, you might like to consider opening up the ECU and physically checking it for obvious component failures. Early modules are known to suffer from faulty electrolytic capacitors that show obvious signs of leakage. They can be individually removed/renewed if you're handy with a soldering iron. Even if you don't try a repair, there maybe a visual confirmation of a problem.
As yet there's been no feedback as to whether that particular problem has been resolved.
I've no personal experience of either of these two outfits, but both have excellent reputations
https://www.bluehawkelectronics.co.uk/
https://www.avilec.co.uk/
If you're brave, you might like to consider opening up the ECU and physically checking it for obvious component failures. Early modules are known to suffer from faulty electrolytic capacitors that show obvious signs of leakage. They can be individually removed/renewed if you're handy with a soldering iron. Even if you don't try a repair, there maybe a visual confirmation of a problem.
As yet there's been no feedback as to whether that particular problem has been resolved.
2005 XK8 4.2-S Coupe
2024 XE 300 Sport
2024 XE 300 Sport
Re: KNOCK KNOCK, IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE???
Hi Astromorg
Thanks for your quick reply, i've been in touch with Avilec and they have told me they're more than confident
they can fix the problem as they've done a couple in the past. So I'll post the outcome in the hope it may help
someone in the future.
Thanks again
Mike
Thanks for your quick reply, i've been in touch with Avilec and they have told me they're more than confident
they can fix the problem as they've done a couple in the past. So I'll post the outcome in the hope it may help
someone in the future.
Thanks again
Mike
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
