Whistling interference, frequency and volume dependent on RPM
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:59 pm
MY2000 XKR
I've installed a Nokia CK300 bluetooth handsfree using a Nexxia/Autoleads harness, the Jaguar's factory wiring and StevePAA's connector for RT2 and 5 in the trunk.
With the engine off, everything works fine, muting, call set up, call quality etc.
With the engine on, when I make a call, I send to the other end a loud, high, variable pitched whistling interference along with my voice. The incoming audio to the front speakers is fine.
If I plug the Nokia mike direct into the blue tooth receiver, with the mike wiring 'loose' in the cabin, away from the body of the car, the interference cannot be heard.
I've also tried an OEM jag microphone into the overhead console - whistling interference on outgoing audio is unchanged.
The whistling is RPM dependent - higher the RPM the higher the frequency and volume. I think at above 3000rpm, the frequency to too high to be audible, though it suppresses my "testing 1-2-3 messages".
I've done obvious things like clean and reconnect connectors. One of the connectors in the boot was recently replaced with the replacement's leads etc soldered and insulated.
I'm going to get a Parrot with its microphone installed - but I'm concerned it could be impacted by the same issue.
Advice most welcome. I've just had a service (sparkplugs, something dislodged during work?) and my differential replaced (ouch)
I've installed a Nokia CK300 bluetooth handsfree using a Nexxia/Autoleads harness, the Jaguar's factory wiring and StevePAA's connector for RT2 and 5 in the trunk.
With the engine off, everything works fine, muting, call set up, call quality etc.
With the engine on, when I make a call, I send to the other end a loud, high, variable pitched whistling interference along with my voice. The incoming audio to the front speakers is fine.
If I plug the Nokia mike direct into the blue tooth receiver, with the mike wiring 'loose' in the cabin, away from the body of the car, the interference cannot be heard.
I've also tried an OEM jag microphone into the overhead console - whistling interference on outgoing audio is unchanged.
The whistling is RPM dependent - higher the RPM the higher the frequency and volume. I think at above 3000rpm, the frequency to too high to be audible, though it suppresses my "testing 1-2-3 messages".
I've done obvious things like clean and reconnect connectors. One of the connectors in the boot was recently replaced with the replacement's leads etc soldered and insulated.
I'm going to get a Parrot with its microphone installed - but I'm concerned it could be impacted by the same issue.
Advice most welcome. I've just had a service (sparkplugs, something dislodged during work?) and my differential replaced (ouch)