Hi Folks,
I am new to JEC, as I am in the process of purchasing a 2008 XKR from Chiltern Jaguar.
The car is currently registered as BJ58UJF, has done circa 100,000 miles, and comes with a service booklet that has a lot of stamps in it, but no paperwork to go with it.
Is there any way to access a central service history, as I am told the Jag Dealers will not issue copy service documents due to GDPR / Privacy regulations?
Thanks for any advice
Les Lindsay
Accessing servicing details
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
Re: Accessing servicing details
Hi Les, all service records are now online and accessed via the Jaguar Cars website and you will need the car's VIN to complete the access. The link below will take you to the applicable page.
https://www.jaguar.co.uk/owners/servici ... story.html
Jim
https://www.jaguar.co.uk/owners/servici ... story.html
Jim
Jim Mann
Banchory
Banchory
-
robcotterell841

- Posts:5
- Joined:Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:52 pm
Re: Accessing servicing details
HI Jim,
Any idea when these records were first created as I have A 2011 XK with 9 Jaguar service stamps , and although the link you posted recognises my VIN number it says that there are no services recorded against the vehicle
Any idea when these records were first created as I have A 2011 XK with 9 Jaguar service stamps , and although the link you posted recognises my VIN number it says that there are no services recorded against the vehicle
Re: Accessing servicing details
One thing that can be checked is its MoT record. Your prospective car has never failed an MoT, though it had a few advisories about suspension points 4 or 5 years ago at about 80k miles
. Look for yourself here
https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history
https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history
2005 XK8 4.2-S Coupe
2024 XE 300 Sport
2024 XE 300 Sport
Re: Accessing servicing details
Hi Rob, Interesting. I have just gone to check my own records and they too appear to be 'missing', although I know they were there in the past. I suspect the dreaded GDPR has had something to do with it. I will discuss this with my local dealer who have serviced the car since new and see what they say.
Jim
Jim
Jim Mann
Banchory
Banchory
-
robcotterell841

- Posts:5
- Joined:Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:52 pm
Re: Accessing servicing details
Many thanks Jim
Re: Accessing servicing details
Hi Les, all service records are now online and accessed via the Jaguar Cars website and you will need the car's VIN to complete the access. The link below will take you to the applicable page.
https://www.jaguar.co.uk/owners/servici ... story.html
Jim
Great info; just have the V5 back so I can now get the VIN from that I think. Thanks Jim
OK; it say this car's record cannot be accessed for some reason.
Re: Accessing servicing details
How far back do online service records go? I tried my 2001 XK8 and got the message "Vehicle not eligible for Online Service History".
2017 F-Pace 2.0 i4 Diesel (180PS) Portfolio in Indus Silver (sold)
2001 XK8 4.0 Coupe in Quartz
1989 XJ40 4.0 Sovereign (gone but not forgotten)
2001 XK8 4.0 Coupe in Quartz
1989 XJ40 4.0 Sovereign (gone but not forgotten)
Re: Accessing servicing details
Hi again, it would appear I have confused looking at online service records for my various cars? I spoke to Jaguar Customer Experience and they advise that Jaguar Cars prior to 2013 do NOT have an online service history, but only a service book. Now we know!
Jim
Jim
Jim Mann
Banchory
Banchory
Re: Accessing servicing details
if my car's service records are not on line, is there any chance the dealers who put the stamps in the books would keep a paper record of what was included in each service visit?
Regards
Les Lindsay
Regards
Les Lindsay
Re: Accessing servicing details
No, and even if they did have the records going back, they cannot give you any details as that is against GDPR. Not a lot you can do unless you can locate the previous owner(s) and hope that they still have the history file.
GDPR made it illegal for dealers to pass along vehicle history, in fact if an owner passes their history file to a dealer, that dealer is legally obliged to actually destroy the file.
Jim
GDPR made it illegal for dealers to pass along vehicle history, in fact if an owner passes their history file to a dealer, that dealer is legally obliged to actually destroy the file.
Jim
Jim Mann
Banchory
Banchory
Re: Accessing servicing details
Unless the service history contains no personal data e.g. name and address panel has been cut out on invoices, in which case they can pass it on as it is not covered by GDPR?GDPR made it illegal for dealers to pass along vehicle history, in fact if an owner passes their history file to a dealer, that dealer is legally obliged to actually destroy the file.
2017 F-Pace 2.0 i4 Diesel (180PS) Portfolio in Indus Silver (sold)
2001 XK8 4.0 Coupe in Quartz
1989 XJ40 4.0 Sovereign (gone but not forgotten)
2001 XK8 4.0 Coupe in Quartz
1989 XJ40 4.0 Sovereign (gone but not forgotten)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests