Hallo everyone,this is my first time on here so please forgive any wrongdoings{and spelling}
where do i start [also not good on computers due to age}.
'my cars a 2000 silverstone convertable
I put the battery on charge overnight as its getting low,now i have 6 warning msgs comming up,the car seems to be stuck in 1 gear and speedo not working,oh dear
im currently waiting for jaguar diagnostic kit to arrive,midweek i hope.also adaptive cruise control has never worked,i never use it and ive been told it can be bypassed to restore normal c/control via ids/sdd.
many thanks,any advice would be great Trev.
major problems since charging battery on my 2000 silverstone
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
-
silverstoneman

- Posts:4
- Joined:Sat May 05, 2018 10:05 am
Re: major problems since charging battery on my 2000 silverstone
How old is the battery?
What terminal voltage does it have?
Has it been drop tested?
Batteries do not last for ever. They die through lack of voltage caused by plate sulfate, lack of storage capacity, or a combination of both faults. Most electronic glitches, message centre noticeing and other running problems are often cured by fitting a decent high quality Bosch, Varta or other premium grade battery. Disconnection of the old battery prior to fitting a new battery is in my opinion the way to cure those ills. Its always worked for me.
Diagnosis before proceeding is almost mandatory. It is then vital to understand the problem that unless the battery is above 12volts, it will not have enough power to supply the electronic needs of the car. The fix in such cases is to replace the battery. That`s the way I would address this issue.
Mike K
What terminal voltage does it have?
Has it been drop tested?
Batteries do not last for ever. They die through lack of voltage caused by plate sulfate, lack of storage capacity, or a combination of both faults. Most electronic glitches, message centre noticeing and other running problems are often cured by fitting a decent high quality Bosch, Varta or other premium grade battery. Disconnection of the old battery prior to fitting a new battery is in my opinion the way to cure those ills. Its always worked for me.
Diagnosis before proceeding is almost mandatory. It is then vital to understand the problem that unless the battery is above 12volts, it will not have enough power to supply the electronic needs of the car. The fix in such cases is to replace the battery. That`s the way I would address this issue.
Mike K
X350 Co-ordinator
2004 XJR
2004 XJR
-
silverstoneman

- Posts:4
- Joined:Sat May 05, 2018 10:05 am
Re: major problems since charging battery on my 2000 silverstone
HI MIKE,THANKS FOR QUICK REPLY
MOST OF THE PROBLEMS DOWN TO ME I THINK,I DISCONNECTED THE ACC RADAR MODULE AS I WAS TOLD THIS HAD TO BE DONE IN ORDER TO BYPASS THE ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL "WRONG" DON'T DO THIS IT DOES'NT WORK WELL NOT ON MINE ANYWAY! AFTER SPENDING MOST OF THE DAY INVESTIGATING CLEANED UP CONNECTIONS ON ACC MODULE AND REFITTED,MOST OF THE LIGHTS WENT OUT SPEEDO WORKS AND CAR CHANGES GEAR FINE.THE REMAINING WARNING MESSAGES I WILL DEAL WITH WHEN IDS/SDD KIT ARRIVES.
THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR TIME
TREV.
MOST OF THE PROBLEMS DOWN TO ME I THINK,I DISCONNECTED THE ACC RADAR MODULE AS I WAS TOLD THIS HAD TO BE DONE IN ORDER TO BYPASS THE ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL "WRONG" DON'T DO THIS IT DOES'NT WORK WELL NOT ON MINE ANYWAY! AFTER SPENDING MOST OF THE DAY INVESTIGATING CLEANED UP CONNECTIONS ON ACC MODULE AND REFITTED,MOST OF THE LIGHTS WENT OUT SPEEDO WORKS AND CAR CHANGES GEAR FINE.THE REMAINING WARNING MESSAGES I WILL DEAL WITH WHEN IDS/SDD KIT ARRIVES.
THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR TIME
TREV.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
