Page 1 of 1
Swapping 98 electric seats for later Recaros
Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:17 pm
by t4tommo
Hi fellow XK8/R fans,
Has anybody carried out the swap?
The Plugs are different to the main loom, do you use the earlier control box and just delete for the airbag? The switch gear on the seats seems to be the same
Any assistance gratefully received
Tom
Re: Swapping 98 electric seats for later Recaros
Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:54 am
by mike020150
I'd suggest that you drop David Marks or XJK Garages a note. They have both had a lot of experience of XK8 electronics and are likely to be able to tell you about the issues and how to overcome them. Mike.
Re: Swapping 98 electric seats for later Recaros
Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:42 pm
by t4tommo
Hi Mike,
Thanks for the suggestions, everybody in the trade just wants to say bring the car in and we will sort it out. I haven't spoken to Dave Marks yet though.
Is that Mike Horler (sorry if my spelling of surname wrong!)
Re: Swapping 98 electric seats for later Recaros
Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:52 am
by mike020150
Hi Tom,
Yes, it's me (Mike Horlor).
Mike.
Re: Swapping 98 electric seats for later Recaros
Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:26 pm
by t4tommo
Hi Mike,
I thought it may be you!! We have met, I am Ken Jenkins step-son. I remember seeing your Coupe many years ago, good to see you still have it!
Best Wishes
Tom
Re: Swapping 98 electric seats for later Recaros
Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:19 am
by mike020150
Hi Tom,
Wow, it's some time since we had that conversation. Glad to see you are continuing with the family bug for Jaguars. It's 32 years and counting for my ownership of the coupe and I still love her!
Mike.