"E Type" front plate

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

james.simkins
Posts:3
Joined:Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:36 am
"E Type" front plate

Postby james.simkins » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:44 am

John Bleasdale's XK8 as featured in the November issue of Jaguar Enthusiast features an attractive stick on white front plate, with black letters. That would look equally as good on my Black 2006 XKR Victory Edition ... can anyone advise me where to obtain one?
Regards,
James Simkins

Nik
Posts:498
Joined:Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:39 pm
Location:East Riding of Yorkshire

Postby Nik » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:17 pm

Hi James ,
As they are not strictly legal on XK's you may struggle to find one BUT a good start would be asking an E Type owner as they ARE a legal fitment on those :wink: ,

Hope this helps ,

Nik
Antigua Blue XK8 Coupe.....1998.75 MY.....Reg No ..N1XKO

james.simkins
Posts:3
Joined:Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:36 am

Front adhesive reg plate

Postby james.simkins » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:50 am

Thanks, Nik ...
I have an E Type, but those are white letters/numerals on a black background ... the reverse of what we see here.
I will speak to them though ...
James

bobwnm
Posts:33
Joined:Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:26 pm
Location:Tyne & Wear

Postby bobwnm » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:15 am

Hi James,
I got mine off ebay, I got a reflective one, as legal as possible,moved the badge on to the bonnet and stuck the plate on the nose cone which I think is slightly more vertical. I then had a makers name and postcode & the required british standard no's printed and stuck them to the plate, trying to stay as legal as possible!
If the plate is non reflective it is very noticeable to the police, mine has been thro' two MOT's with no problems, hope this helps,
Bob

anaw

Member
Posts:42
Joined:Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:06 am

'E Type' Number Plate

Postby anaw » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:40 pm

I purchased mine from Martin Robey, Classic Jaguar parts, Tel 024 76386903. It came as the background and the loose letters and numbers for self assembly. I removed the badge and re-positioned it on the bonnet, I simply stuck it on with Blue Hylomer gasket goo, the plate is on the nosecone. Two MOTs, no problems.

Tony Walker ( B8 JXK ) 1997 conv.

cjrm1
Posts:23
Joined:Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:44 pm

Postby cjrm1 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:43 pm

I got mine from www.craigplates.com, but haven't decided on whether to fit it or not


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest