Page 1 of 1
XK8 headlining replacement
Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:11 pm
by alsjaguar
I saw the photographic sequence in one of the Jaguar Enthusiasts magazines for replacing the headlining,a friend of mines headlining has the dreaded sag is the writeup
on line anywhere as I dont save the mags forever? I paid for Malton Coachworks to replace mine and a good job was done before the pandemic it seemed the best choice,please help if it online anywhere.
Re: XK8 headlining replacement
Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:31 pm
by JimMann
Hi Al, the digital versions of the magazine are all online these days, so should be able to find the correct one. However, if you or your friend emails me then I can send a photo instruction page. You will find my email at the top of the Modern XK Section of the JE magazine.
Jim Mann
Re: XK8 headlining replacement
Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:34 pm
by Thixendale
I used Tasker & Lacy in Leeds for my XJ and they did a very good job
Tony
Re: XK8 headlining replacement
Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:01 am
by Andy P
Hi alsjaguar.
I have found these three suppliers for headliners:
https://www.classicandsportscarrestorat ... stery-trim
https://www.myrtleltd.com/jaguar-daimle ... Headliners
Headliner World does not have their own website,just an eBay shop.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/headlinerwor ... 3561.l2563
I have not used any of these people so cannot say how good or bad they are.
Here is the link for the Jaguar Enthusiast back copies:
https://jec.org.uk/magazine
Hope that helps.
Take care.
Andy

Re: XK8 headlining replacement
Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:56 am
by Astromorg
I used Headliner World at the Ebay address given by Andy above. The service was excellent and prompt and the fit was (is!) good too. You also get two pieces of the headliner material to cover the A pillars to make a complete job of it.
headlining replacement
Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2024 5:28 pm
by dyrham663
It looks like I am starting to get this headlining sag on my 2006 X150.
Does anyone know a place in the Bristol area that might be good to look at it?
Thanks
Steve
Re: XK8 headlining replacement
Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 3:44 pm
by dyrham663
Apparently I now know somebody!
My local garage, Autoclassico, says they can buy a pre made headlining section for £300 inc VAT. They can then fit for 3 hours labour = £210 + VAT = £252. So £552 all in.
Since thats the price of two tyres I will probably go with it.
Steve
Re: XK8 headlining replacement
Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:03 am
by andrew.graham97934
A quick update on this from me.
I received my new headliner from Headliner World.
I found the owner Dejan to be very helpful and the service was great.
I would just add a couple of points for possible benefit of others.
I found that I was struggling to re-fit the roof console because the cut out was a bit tight, so it is worth checking that before you start re-fitting.
I had to carefully trim off a bit of headliner where it wraps around the "hole" and file it down a couple of mm's.
This is not a problem as there is plenty of overlap on the roof console, but it would have been easier to find that out first.
The other point is nothing to do with the roof, but to be very careful easing out the lower trim clips (by the B post base) of the rear quarter trims. Use a trim tool so that you don't break the locating tab (like I did!).
Overall I am very pleased with the result. O'h and one more thing, if possible have an assistant sit in the driver's seat to help you guide the new roof liner in through the passenger door.