Hi All.
I am in the process of replacing my headlining on my X100 /XKR.
Following the excellent advice within this forum and elsewhere I removed the front seat which is a big help.
So far so good.
The only problem was a couple of stray components came away from the seat as I wrestled it out.
I am sure one is a cable clip to keep the loom from being trapped, but where should it clip?
And the other one looks like it is part of the mounting bracket.
If anyone has reference pics, or an exceptional memory I would be grateful!
Front seat removal
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
Re: Front seat removal
The bracket is one of four; one each at the front securing bolts for the two seats. They go between the seat frame and the floor.
The clip holds what looks like the seat side-airbag harness - one blue, one yellow wire in the small yellow connector - to a part of the seat frame. It's further back from the yellow connector than it looks in the photo. Both seats are the same.
Here's a couple of photos that should help you
The clip holds what looks like the seat side-airbag harness - one blue, one yellow wire in the small yellow connector - to a part of the seat frame. It's further back from the yellow connector than it looks in the photo. Both seats are the same.
Here's a couple of photos that should help you
2005 XK8 4.2-S Coupe
2024 XE 300 Sport
2024 XE 300 Sport
-
andrew.graham97934

- Posts:107
- Joined:Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:14 pm
Re: Front seat removal
That's brilliant, thank you.
I will check in the morning. I assume the other 3 brackets must still be in the car, or missing! The seat has definitely been out before.
I have just come in from putting things back together but not got to the seat yet.
The biggest annoyance so far is breaking a tab at the bottom of the near side quarter trim. I think you did the same in your write up?
I will update tomorrow.
Thanks again.
Andrew
I will check in the morning. I assume the other 3 brackets must still be in the car, or missing! The seat has definitely been out before.
I have just come in from putting things back together but not got to the seat yet.
The biggest annoyance so far is breaking a tab at the bottom of the near side quarter trim. I think you did the same in your write up?
I will update tomorrow.
Thanks again.
Andrew
-
andrew.graham97934

- Posts:107
- Joined:Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:14 pm
Re: Front seat removal
Thanks again for the reference photos. They came in very handy.
So I discovered that my seat only had one of those front mount brackets. The seat has obviously been out and one lost.
It's amazing how careless people can be when working on cars.
Should I be trying to find a replacement? At the moment one side is bolted straight through in to the floor, like the rears.
So I got the new roof liner in ok. A bit of a wrestle with the rear quarter trims. But the last bit which is proving awkward is the overhead console. I have discovered that the front locating metal clip has gone missing and the unit seems to be a tight fit in the headliner cut out.
Hopefully I will be able to find a solution in the morning.
So I discovered that my seat only had one of those front mount brackets. The seat has obviously been out and one lost.
It's amazing how careless people can be when working on cars.
Should I be trying to find a replacement? At the moment one side is bolted straight through in to the floor, like the rears.
So I got the new roof liner in ok. A bit of a wrestle with the rear quarter trims. But the last bit which is proving awkward is the overhead console. I have discovered that the front locating metal clip has gone missing and the unit seems to be a tight fit in the headliner cut out.
Hopefully I will be able to find a solution in the morning.
- Attachments
-
- Seat Front Mount 3.jpg (38.41KiB)Viewed 1763 times
Re: Front seat removal
The only purpose of those brackets that I can imagine is that they hold down the edges of the carpet at those points. Without them, if the carpet rucks up, it's likely to get v messy when the seat is moved forward, gets caught up, either jamming the seat or damaging the carpet 
2005 XK8 4.2-S Coupe
2024 XE 300 Sport
2024 XE 300 Sport
-
andrew.graham97934

- Posts:107
- Joined:Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:14 pm
Re: Front seat removal
Thanks for that. Yes that makes sense.
I will see if I can acquire one.
Cheers.
I will see if I can acquire one.
Cheers.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests