Hi All
when I bought the car it came with two keys and I never thought to ask about the blade key assuming it was part of the key fob as with my XE.
So, is the blade key specific to the car and are they available to buy OR are they a generic key?
I assume I could buy a new glove box lock and key assembly but would rather not have the expense if you can buy a key blade seperately.
Chris
Blade Key X150
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
-
c.neil59458
- Posts:35
- Joined:Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:49 pm
- Location:Doncaster
X Type x3 (Sold)
XE R Sport (Sold)
X150 Convertible manufactured 18/10/2005 B00084 (Sold)
X150 Convertible FN58 DXY
XE R Sport (Sold)
X150 Convertible manufactured 18/10/2005 B00084 (Sold)
X150 Convertible FN58 DXY
Re: Blade Key X150
Not sure what the issue is here Chris, if your X-150 came with 2 keys, then it should have 2 x Blade Keys as a part of the fob - otherwise you can't hang the fob on a keyring! There is a small triangular button on the right, bottom, edge of the key fob, when viewed with the symbols the correct way up. Pressing this button allows you to withdraw the blade key from inside the fob.
The blade keys are specific as they also unlock your car in an emergency, not just the glovebox. There is a manual unlock keyhole hidden behind your rear number plate, which has been highlighted in the magazine several times recently.
Jim
The blade keys are specific as they also unlock your car in an emergency, not just the glovebox. There is a manual unlock keyhole hidden behind your rear number plate, which has been highlighted in the magazine several times recently.
Jim
Jim Mann
Banchory
Banchory
-
c.neil59458
- Posts:35
- Joined:Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:49 pm
- Location:Doncaster
Re: Blade Key X150
Well what an idiot i am 
I wondered what that was for and thought it was to do with the key fob mount in the cubby hole.......
10/10 for the most stupid question posted this year I suppose
Chris
I wondered what that was for and thought it was to do with the key fob mount in the cubby hole.......
10/10 for the most stupid question posted this year I suppose
Chris
X Type x3 (Sold)
XE R Sport (Sold)
X150 Convertible manufactured 18/10/2005 B00084 (Sold)
X150 Convertible FN58 DXY
XE R Sport (Sold)
X150 Convertible manufactured 18/10/2005 B00084 (Sold)
X150 Convertible FN58 DXY
Re: Blade Key X150
No such thing on here as a stupid question!
The only stupid question is the one you don't ask
The only stupid question is the one you don't ask
Re: Blade Key X150
Believe me, not as stupid as you might be thinking! Glad you are now sorted.
Jim
Jim
Jim Mann
Banchory
Banchory
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

