Dear All,
Another new member here - I have owned my 2007 XK now for one year and apart from the above am very pleased with the vehicle.
My problem is that the n/s headlamp fails to work (either low or high beam). This has happened since owning the car and I suspect was one of the reasons for them selling it! Initially I purchased a new pair of lamps and found the fixing on the failing one to be a little loose. I hoped this was the problem as for several weeks all appeared to be good. Then another failure - after a bit of research I discovered a suggestion that it could be an earthing problem. I therefore removed the lining and cleaned all earthing points. Again for about a month all good. By this time the car was booked in for a service at Carrs the main dealer in Truro so I asked them to look it. They did the same as me and spent a couple of hours stripping out the lining etc and cleaned all of the earthing points. Again good for a couple of months then failure.
The technician ( an enthusiast) at Carrs did a thorough job and said that the circuit was simple so if it failed again he was at a loss. It's due to returned again this Thursday 21st January but has anyone got any other ideas? I look forward to a permanent resolution - thanks.
Intermittent headlamp failure
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
Re: Intermittent headlamp failure
Hi bobtilley481 and welcome to the Forums,
Looks like you have done all the right things in trying to track down the problem.
Found this thread on another Jag Forum which might be of help to you.
Just click on the link:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-x ... le-237889/
I do have a workshop manual in PDF for the X150 if you haven't already got one.
Just P.M. me your email address and I will gladly send it to you.
Good luck in resolving the problem anyway.
Take care and stay safe.
Andy
Looks like you have done all the right things in trying to track down the problem.
Found this thread on another Jag Forum which might be of help to you.
Just click on the link:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-x ... le-237889/
I do have a workshop manual in PDF for the X150 if you haven't already got one.
Just P.M. me your email address and I will gladly send it to you.
Good luck in resolving the problem anyway.
Take care and stay safe.
Andy
2011 X351 3.0d LWB
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia
-
bobtilley481

- Posts:3
- Joined:Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:17 pm
Re: Intermittent headlamp failure
Thanks Andy - sorry for the late reply - no broadband!
If you can send me the PDF manual that may be of help - email:"bobtilley@btinternet.com"
otherwise I'll carry on looking myself although as I mentioned it is going back to the main dealer tomorrow for further investigation (under warranty) so if there is a resolution I'll post it here.
Thanks once more, Bob
If you can send me the PDF manual that may be of help - email:"bobtilley@btinternet.com"
otherwise I'll carry on looking myself although as I mentioned it is going back to the main dealer tomorrow for further investigation (under warranty) so if there is a resolution I'll post it here.
Thanks once more, Bob
-
mike020150

- Posts:3469
- Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm
Re: Intermittent headlamp failure
As a suggestion to help find the problem, I would be tempted to run a second earthing wire from a different earth point to the headlamp. If the problem disappears, you will know that the issue is with the original earth wiring or earthing point. If the problem continues, the feed side of the circuitry is to blame. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S
-
bobtilley481

- Posts:3
- Joined:Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:17 pm
Re: Intermittent headlamp failure
Thanks Mike, worth a try. Will report back, Bob
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests