XKR 2006 - No Bluetooth connectivity

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

XKRGLEN

Member
Posts:11
Joined:Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:14 pm
XKR 2006 - No Bluetooth connectivity

Postby XKRGLEN » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:59 pm

XKR 2006 4.2
I hope someone can clear this up
I've been scrolling through the majority of the forum, but i can't seem to see the problem i have on here. :?

The media / phone system on my XKR 2006 will not find my phone ( Samsung s9 ), I have removed all previously found devices, even bought an aftermarket plug in Bluetooth / FM module, and it won't find this either ? :( Any suggestions

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Re: XKR 2006 - No Bluetooth connectivity

Postby mike020150 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:27 am

It might help if you list the precise steps you are using to try to link your phone. Then, someone might be able to spot an omission or similar. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S

XKRGLEN

Member
Posts:11
Joined:Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:14 pm

Re: XKR 2006 - No Bluetooth connectivity

Postby XKRGLEN » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:34 pm

Good news, it found the aftermarket Fm receiver, and now is phone handsfree,
Still not sure why it cannot find any bluetooth phone ?

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Re: XKR 2006 - No Bluetooth connectivity

Postby mike020150 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:14 am

I have connected various phones (all android) without difficulty to two different XKs that I have run although none of the phones happen to have been Samsung models. Some phones appear to require them instigating the search for devices rather than the car searching for the phone. Hence, if you not already tried, it might be worth attempting to connect the phone to the car rather than the car to the phone, if you see what I mean. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S

XKRGLEN

Member
Posts:11
Joined:Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:14 pm

Re: XKR 2006 - No Bluetooth connectivity

Postby XKRGLEN » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:24 pm

Thanks for the advice Mike, I haven't tried this... but will, as the FM receiver is temperamental and the background noise can be distracting whilst not in use..

KARLEWP1

Member
Posts:7
Joined:Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:29 am

Re: XKR 2006 - No Bluetooth connectivity

Postby KARLEWP1 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:37 pm

Hello. I had to pair the phone to the car rather than the car to the phone. Samsung phones require you to enable the search facility every time you activate Bluetooth. I did this and it works fine. If the car cannot find my phone the next time I drive it a small screen pops up asking you if you wish to reconnect, press reconnect and hey presto! all is good. This is on a 2008 XKR.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests