2008 XKR Window weather strip installation

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

kzbarnes285
Posts:1
Joined:Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:23 pm
2008 XKR Window weather strip installation

Postby kzbarnes285 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:02 pm

Hi - newbie here. Looking for advice on replacing the pockmarked driver and passenger door weather strips on my XKR. I can obtain the new parts from SNG Barrett but have no idea how to remove the old strips and replace them with the new. Anyone know? Please see the images attached to help identify which parts I am talking about. Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help. (PS. I did do a forum search before posting but came up with nothing).

Image

Image

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Re: 2008 XKR Window weather strip installation

Postby mike020150 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:27 am

I notice in the workshop instructions for removing the door card, there's a line drawing which appears to show a row of 6/7 fixings (possibly pop rivets) only visible after the door card has been removed. I would imagine these are what you are looking for. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests