I have a 2016 XK convertible. The carpets in the rear footwells are soaking wet and I am at a loss as to where the water is coming from. I hasn't rained for weeks although I have washed the car. I have checked the drainage pipes under the front of the hood and they are clear. Any ideas please?
Peter
Water in rear footwells
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
-
mike020150

- Posts:3469
- Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm
Re: Water in rear footwells
Hi Peter,
I suspect there's a typo in the year you quote. Is yours a 2006 MY car? If so, early aluminium cars were prone to a badly fitted/ easily blocked aircon rubber drain which could fill both front and rear footwells with water. The drain (the so-called duck's bill) is difficult to change (see other Forum comments on the topic) because it's located below the heater and is hidden by the gearbox. Check the front footwells for signs of dampness to confirm or eliminate the diagnosis. Mike.
I suspect there's a typo in the year you quote. Is yours a 2006 MY car? If so, early aluminium cars were prone to a badly fitted/ easily blocked aircon rubber drain which could fill both front and rear footwells with water. The drain (the so-called duck's bill) is difficult to change (see other Forum comments on the topic) because it's located below the heater and is hidden by the gearbox. Check the front footwells for signs of dampness to confirm or eliminate the diagnosis. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S
Re: Water in rear footwells
Hi Mike
Thanks for your help. I think the typo might have been wishful thinking!!!. Strangely the carpets in the front footwells and under the seats are dry. I have dried out the rear footwells with a combination of aqua-vac, hair dryer and the hot sunshine and will see what happens next time I do a long run with the aircon on.
Thanks again
Peter
Thanks for your help. I think the typo might have been wishful thinking!!!. Strangely the carpets in the front footwells and under the seats are dry. I have dried out the rear footwells with a combination of aqua-vac, hair dryer and the hot sunshine and will see what happens next time I do a long run with the aircon on.
Thanks again
Peter
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests