Page 1 of 1
Alarm Category
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:22 pm
by Robbie123
I am doing my insurance renewal with Adrian Flux and it says theft cover applies only if I have a thatchem category 1 immobiliser. I recall being asked when I insured with them last year and I advised as far as I was aware it was a standard jaguar alarm. Does anyone know whether it is category 1 equivalent?
Re: Alarm Category
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:09 am
by mike020150
You will need to be sure how your broker/insurer views the standard alarm. There's always a risk that different insurers have different views on acceptability but for a standard car, Adrian Flux should have no trouble advising you. Mike.
Re: Alarm Category
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:51 pm
by BrianG
Looking at the Thatcham website, ALL Jaguars since October 1994 have had category 1 (TC1), including the original XK8. This classification was revised to the more comprehensive Thatcham category TC2 for later models including the New XK from Dec 05, so you should be fine with the factory system whichever model of XK8 you have.
Re: Alarm Category
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:58 pm
by Robbie123
Thank you Brian can proceed with insurance with confidence now