Powerfold mirror retro fit. Advice sought.
Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:27 am
Read about this in the Dec. 16 mag.
I fancy having a go. I have kept an eye out for the parts required - x2 powerfold mirrors, x2 door modules.
Over time I have collected both both mirrors - in the correct colour and excellent order (result) - and have spotted the drivers door module with the correct FoMCo part number.
I have not yet come across a module for the passenger door.
There are lots of identical looking modules on ebay and suchlike from Freelander 2 and others. Does anyone know if there is any interchangability between JLR products of the same era?
There are a few with the same numbers only the last two characters being different. The mag says - drivers ending in EK, passenger in KK.
I have seen them on eBay ending in CK, LK and some others. Does anyone know if they are worth a punt? What does these letters refer to?
I could just order new parts but that takes the fun out of it, and would cost quite a bit of wedge!
Any help appreciated.
I fancy having a go. I have kept an eye out for the parts required - x2 powerfold mirrors, x2 door modules.
Over time I have collected both both mirrors - in the correct colour and excellent order (result) - and have spotted the drivers door module with the correct FoMCo part number.
I have not yet come across a module for the passenger door.
There are lots of identical looking modules on ebay and suchlike from Freelander 2 and others. Does anyone know if there is any interchangability between JLR products of the same era?
There are a few with the same numbers only the last two characters being different. The mag says - drivers ending in EK, passenger in KK.
I have seen them on eBay ending in CK, LK and some others. Does anyone know if they are worth a punt? What does these letters refer to?
I could just order new parts but that takes the fun out of it, and would cost quite a bit of wedge!
Any help appreciated.