In-dash CD Stacker not playing disks in my new XK(2006)

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

peterbayleyuk977

Member
Posts:12
Joined:Thu Jul 24, 2025 4:17 pm
In-dash CD Stacker not playing disks in my new XK(2006)

Postby peterbayleyuk977 » Sat Aug 09, 2025 2:51 pm

So, excited to get my new XK 150 home today.
Everything seems to be good.
Except I find that the CD player (hidden fascia 6-stacker type) gives "CD Error" on any disk.
I can hear that mechanism is working and it takes in the disks to all six slots, but won't play anything. :(
I called the dealer immediately and may have another 40-mile roundtrip to return it on Monday.
Constant music in the car is important to me.
I have a feeling that it would be a very big repair job..........
Anyone with any experience of such?

dyrham663

Member
Posts:100
Joined:Tue May 03, 2022 7:10 pm
Location:Bristol

Re: In-dash CD Stacker not playing disks in my new XK(2006)

Postby dyrham663 » Tue Aug 12, 2025 2:17 pm

Mine died a while ago on the same year of car. Just spat all the discs out one day and refused to take anymore in.

I switched over to a unit that links to the phone by bluetooth and transmits an FM signal. I thoought the cd player was probably too expensive to be worth fixing.

If you do find someone who can look at it then let me know!

Steve
XK (150) 2006, F Pace Chequered Flag Petrol 2019

MarkX

Member
Posts:88
Joined:Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: In-dash CD Stacker not playing disks in my new XK(2006)

Postby MarkX » Tue Aug 12, 2025 3:03 pm

To add to Steve's comment I have virtually abandoned using the CD stacker. My car fortunately has the iPod connector which on early cars was an optional extra. To this connector I have added a bluetooth dongle and now have the entire library from my phone available for play as well as podcasts and streamed radio.

Somewhat better than a choice of six discs!!!! If you want details of the kit I use please let me know.

Mark


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests