Page 1 of 1

Bluetooth/handsfree

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:31 pm
by johnspye
Just plucked up the courage to post - you all seem like technical geniuses! I just love driving my Jag which I've had from new in 2006. I've never had any problems with handsfree phone until I recently upgraded to iPhone 4 but neither I nor my local Stratstone dealer can connect it. Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

Re: Bluetooth/handsfree

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:00 pm
by Brakebuster
hi and welcome

when you say iPhone 4 , do you mean an iPhone 4 , or an iPhone on 4G ? as the iPhone 5s is the current iPhone, and a '4' is quite out dated ?? as the 4S and the ' 5 ' and now the 5S( and 5C ) have replaced it.....

the iPhone is fairly easy to pair with devices but you have to put it into dicovery mode, then it will throw a code and you enter the code and pair it with the car ,

but you have probably tried that ?

you may have to make the car ' forget ' your old phone before it will pair with a new one ?

BB

Re: Bluetooth/handsfree

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:21 pm
by johnspye
Thanks, breakbuster.

Up and running.

Re: Bluetooth/handsfree

Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:44 pm
by dhdove
Johnspye

Maybe you'd like to write a short letter to the Club mag to say you had this problem and it was sorted free of charge within a week by using the Bulletin Board?
Many Club members don't even realise that this facility exists.....
BTW nice one Vince :D

TonyS

Re: Bluetooth/handsfree

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:31 pm
by jBlackwell
Great suggestion Tony!!

Be good to hear a few more success stories in the magazine from the BB.

James