Page 1 of 1

I POD Connection

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:43 pm
by ihouston
I have a 2002 XK8 Coupe - has any one fitted an ipod connection - what is the easiest way to do this in the car - I have a CD autochanger in the boot - can it be connected via this in some way.
Any Help greatly appreciated
Cheers
Ian

Re: I POD Connection

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:11 am
by Nik
Hi Ian ,
I too was faced with this problem , I tried a device that converts the Ipod's output into an FM signal but found the sound quality poor , I was recommended a Griffin cassette converter which basically hard wires the Ipod's output into the cassette head via a special cassette , I find that the sound quality is very good with no perceptible distortion through my Premium Sound equipped XK , most people that have heard it are very surprised that it works so well ,

Hope this helps ,

Nik

PS there are ways of hard wiring your Ipod into the cars head unit but I didn't want to go down this route after my success with the Griffin unit

Re: I POD Connection

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:25 am
by ihouston
Thanks Nik
I will give this a try
Cheers
Ian