Page 1 of 1

Name Badge

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:52 am
by AthenryLeads
Hi,

I've just bought my first Jag - a '98 XK8 Coupe.
The letter "J" is missing from the badge and am looking to buy one.
Where is the best place to source this?

Thanks

Re: Name Badge

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:46 pm
by Nik
Hi ,
I've just replaced my badge a couple of weeks before Weston Park , the "J" isn't readily available for the 98 MY Script , I'm pretty sure the only source would be a Jaguar main agent or perhaps Ebay .
The "JAGUAR" badge is sandwiched between the clear film and the backing paper/mounting template , once the old letters are removed and the paintwork cleaned of old adhesive the letters simply stick on , you may find that the letters need a little realignment once the backing paper is removed but the main task is to ensure that the paint surface is completely clean and free of wax
If I remember correctly the badge you require is part number HJB5981AB and is priced at £38.92 :roll:

Hope this helps ,

Nik

PS Welcome to the club and BB :wink:

Re: Name Badge

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:23 pm
by AthenryLeads
thanks

Re: Name Badge

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:15 pm
by GrandTourer
I also replaced the lettering a couple of years ago now. I made myself a simple jig to make the positioning and aligning simple.
Nik is quite right re the paint cleaning - very important.
My original script looked a bit 'worn' and I caught the letter J with a polishing cloth and pulled the letter off.
Fortunatly I had bought both the scripts (Jaguar and XK8 on the other side) for just such an event. I got it at a Jaguar Spares Day if I remember and both together were about £20. But, that purchase was maybe 5-6 years ago.

Its worth looking at the JEC Parts Shop, they may stock these items.