Page 1 of 1

Apple Carplay

Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:49 pm
by godfreymellins576
I'd like to install this in my 2013 XKR. Has anyone on the forum any advice about how/where I can get this done and an approximate cost?

Re: Apple Carplay

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:12 pm
by Astromorg
Looks like none of us know and are now waiting for you to find out somehow and tell us please :D

I didn't really know just what Appleplay can do so I started looking online to find out and came across this outfit

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A% ... __tn__=-UK

I can't seem to find much about them other than their website, but they might be worth a try. It's not even certain they're based in UK, but they seem to drive RHD cars! Good luck.

Later: Just found this.

http://www.oxfordcaraudio.co.uk/service ... rplay.html

Re: Apple Carplay

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:40 pm
by MarkX
For 5.0 litre cars Jaguar decided to move to a fibre optic network for all the components based on a protocol called MOST which BMW and Porsche have used. I think definitely worth talking to a car infotainment specialist but would imagine it's not cheap.

For pre 5.0 litre cars I understand they can grab the video feed on the touchscreen unit. Here is a solution posted by one member viewtopic.php?f=75&t=16288&p=88272&hilit=carplay#p88272. Also gives a mention to their supplier as well so may be worth chatting with them.

If you decide to investigate further I'd be very interested to know what you find.

Best

Mark

Re: Apple Carplay

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2024 9:15 pm
by MarkX
A Quick Update - Technology never stands still and there are now two solutions that integrate Apple Car Play into the X150 OEM system, there will be a write up in the November magazine.