Page 1 of 1

CD Player Error Code E-01

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:09 pm
by DougX
Hi, I have an issue with my CD player in as much as on my radio console for the CD it is showing E-01. I went to the CD player in the boot and pushed the button to eject the magazine. Nothing! No sound whatsoever and no movement. The magazine will not eject and there is no sound of any motors activating. I am wondering whether it is a fuse but can't see which one it is, assuming it is in the boot fuse box. Can anyone help?

Re: CD Player Error Code E-01

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:15 pm
by Lucky
I've replied to this on the other Forum as I had this problem once, although I had a whirring sound when I pressed the green button so this may not be a solution for you.

Insert a thin 6" steel rule underneath the cassette in the middle and move it towards the green button. This should activate the cassette release. It has never happened again to mine since 2017.

Re: CD Player Error Code E-01

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:09 pm
by DougX
Hi Lucky, just the job, magazine popped out. Will see how it goes from now. I did notice that it would appear that the mechanics for the convertible hood are attached to the CD securing bracket casing which would be a bind if I had to remove the CD player!
Thanks for your advice! :D