Hi, hopefully someone may be able to point me in the right direction?
I bought an 07 XK at the beginning of the year. Had some minor issues that a local independent Jag specialist has sorted. Issues that fell outside of the initial warranty.
However, at approximately 1st lockdown I realised there was a problem with the SatNav. Initial investigation by me suggested it was the SatNav aerial. The dealer concurred and agreed to fit a new aerial. Unfortunately due to the lockdown he couldn't get one, but had another XK that had a working aerial, so with my agreement put that one into my car.
The SatNav went from not working, to occasionally working! Even though the warranty has lapsed the dealer has agreed to continue to try to sort the problem, and has recently opted to fit a BRAND NEW aerial.
Sadly, the SatNav is still not working properly, the problem STILL appears to be the SatNav aerial!!! (Based on the info obtained from the Jag diagnostic software and the hidden menu!)
Does anyone know if there is wiring of some kind between the aerial and the actual SatNav? Or does the aerial plug straight into the SatNav? If it plugs straight in, we're (myself and the independent) thinking that the problem may be with the box? If it's the box, I can get a second hand one for less than £100 (don't know if that's good or bad!!??).
I'm not criticising the dealer as at least he's still prepared to have a go. He's said if he doesn't sort it this time he'll send it to Jag! Which sounds good, but its starting to become a pain to lose the XK for a couple of days every 2 or 3 weeks!!
Love the car, should have bought one years ago!
Hope someone can help,
Mike.
Sat Nav GPS signal
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
Re: Sat Nav GPS signal
I'm not particularly familiar with the X150 sat nav, but I do have the electrical drawings and this is the one of your sat nav antenna connection. I hope that's of some help to you.
Note there are two connectors in the antenna wiring - TA003 is a two wire connector, official colour is Curry! situated on the righthand side of the boot and TA008 is in the boot lid. No colour/size stated. It's probably worth checking them for tightness or corrosion.
The VICS antenna is for Japan only. Not fitted in anywhere else.
Note there are two connectors in the antenna wiring - TA003 is a two wire connector, official colour is Curry! situated on the righthand side of the boot and TA008 is in the boot lid. No colour/size stated. It's probably worth checking them for tightness or corrosion.
The VICS antenna is for Japan only. Not fitted in anywhere else.
Last edited by Astromorg on Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2005 XK8 4.2-S Coupe
2024 XE 300 Sport
2024 XE 300 Sport
-
t595mike140

- Posts:2
- Joined:Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:34 pm
Re: Sat Nav GPS signal
Thanks for that.
Electics and electronics not my thing, but I’m sure between myself, the dealer and/or independent, we can come to a sensible conclusion. One that keeps costs down and resolves the issue!
Thanks again,
Mike.
Electics and electronics not my thing, but I’m sure between myself, the dealer and/or independent, we can come to a sensible conclusion. One that keeps costs down and resolves the issue!
Thanks again,
Mike.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest