I am getting really frustrated with my car. I was getting AMBER warning and had the hoses changed and the pump gasket. It's all been pressure tested and found to be sound.
The levels are fine in the reservoir but I have the red warning coming up.
Please, please can someone offer some advice??
Colin
"RED" Coolant low
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
-
mike020150

- Posts:3469
- Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm
-
GrandTourer
- Posts:297
- Joined:Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:58 pm
- Location:Leicester, UK
Hi Colin,
this is not an uncommon error with our cars.
As Mike said, try the level sensor first - it fits into the base of the Top-up tank.
If this does not work, you may have to replace the Top-up tank itself, as I had to do last year. The tank contains a small 'float' which fits around the tube into which the sensor is fitted. This float can get stuck along the tube when it crusts up. There can be quite a bit of sludge in there (particularly if someone ever filled it with the wrong coolant.
I don't know what year your car is, but the early cars used a different coolant tp the later ones. Mu 2000MY uses the later 'orange' one.
Good luck
this is not an uncommon error with our cars.
As Mike said, try the level sensor first - it fits into the base of the Top-up tank.
If this does not work, you may have to replace the Top-up tank itself, as I had to do last year. The tank contains a small 'float' which fits around the tube into which the sensor is fitted. This float can get stuck along the tube when it crusts up. There can be quite a bit of sludge in there (particularly if someone ever filled it with the wrong coolant.
I don't know what year your car is, but the early cars used a different coolant tp the later ones. Mu 2000MY uses the later 'orange' one.
Good luck
______________________________
Karl, XK8 MY2000 Pacific Blue
Karl, XK8 MY2000 Pacific Blue
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests