Bit of background. I've got a low coolant warning and it's certainly low in the header tank, as I can see the top of what I guess are the sensors.
My car is a late 2004 4.2 XK8
Went to local Jag dealers and asked for the ORANGE coolant.
Anyway, what do they give me. PINK
Went back today to exchange it. Parts guy insists that what he's given me is what is in his 'book' as correct for my car.
The label on my engine says it's ORANGE coolant, part WSS-M97B 44-D
The PINK they've sold me is ESD M97B 49-A
Eventually the parts guy gets the service manager. He tells me that they only use two types of coolant, GREEN or RED. He insists that the PINK is the 'RED' variety and is right for my car.
I'm just not convinced. I'm no expert, but why sell me something that is clearly different from what the label on my car says I should be using.
I'll be calling a few other dealers in the morning, assuming their Parts dept are open Saturdays.
From all I've read, you must never mix coolants, and despite what this service guy is telling me, as my car currently has ORANGE, and the label in the engine bay also confirms it's ORANGE, then all I want to use is ORANGE, not PINK.
Can anyone help and advise me as to whether I should definitely only use ORANGE, which I understand is the Long Life Stuff. Would I be damaging the system if I topped up the ORANGE with the PINK
Has anyone bought Orange that could give me the part number for a 1 litre bottle
For reference, the part number of the 1 litre bottle of PINK, is JLM209722
