Exploding expansion tank x2
Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:49 pm
My 2013 XKR, had sudden temperature rise then it dropped as quick, then fine but I took to garage and had thermostat changed and checked that fans were working. Half a dozen trips later the temp shot up, I pulled over and the expansion tank bottom blew out.
Recovered back to garage, new tank fitted all was good or so we thought but when they had it back two week later for MOT the tank exploded again during emissions test.
Garage has been told the material the tanks are made from age and this could be the fault, then people switch to alloy tanks. But I am concerned there is another issue with the cooling system.
Any ideas?
Recovered back to garage, new tank fitted all was good or so we thought but when they had it back two week later for MOT the tank exploded again during emissions test.
Garage has been told the material the tanks are made from age and this could be the fault, then people switch to alloy tanks. But I am concerned there is another issue with the cooling system.
Any ideas?