Waterless Coolant
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
- BrizzleJag

- Posts:195
- Joined:Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:06 pm
- Location:Bristol
Has anyone installed waterless coolant? I'm toying with the idea of using Evans Waterless at the next service or even possibly before. Every thing I've read is positive and I can't really find any negatives. A big plus is that it's non-corrosive unlike water-based coolants and is far more efficient and should help preserve the life of the engine, waterpump and so on. Any advice or previous experience of using waterless coolant appreciated.
X100 XKR Pacific Blue Mods: EBC discs yellow stuff pads, Stainless Steel back pipes, Hel braided hoses
XF-S 3.0d Portfolio Caviar Metallic
Palmer Jaguar Cosworth JP1 3.0 V6
XF-S 3.0d Portfolio Caviar Metallic
Palmer Jaguar Cosworth JP1 3.0 V6
Re: Waterless Coolant
A friend had a 4 litre V8 Beecham Mk2. He flushed the old coolant out, drained off and re-filled with the water removal product. He then refilled with the Evans Waterless coolant. No issues encountered at all.
I suppose the best thing about waterless coolant is that system pressure whilst running is almost zero. That can`t be a bad thing.
I looked at installing Evans at one point. I recall it would have cost around £120 to do the job.
Mike
I suppose the best thing about waterless coolant is that system pressure whilst running is almost zero. That can`t be a bad thing.
I looked at installing Evans at one point. I recall it would have cost around £120 to do the job.
Mike
X350 Co-ordinator
2004 XJR
2004 XJR
- BrizzleJag

- Posts:195
- Joined:Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:06 pm
- Location:Bristol
Re: Waterless Coolant
It's not cheap Mike best deal I could find was from a supplier on e-bay at £104.90 for 5 litres of prep fluid and 5 litres of coolant here:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Evans-Power-C ... SwstxVZYYP
I think the XKR needs 10 litres so a fairly significant investment, but the benefits probably out way the cost?
I think the XKR needs 10 litres so a fairly significant investment, but the benefits probably out way the cost?
X100 XKR Pacific Blue Mods: EBC discs yellow stuff pads, Stainless Steel back pipes, Hel braided hoses
XF-S 3.0d Portfolio Caviar Metallic
Palmer Jaguar Cosworth JP1 3.0 V6
XF-S 3.0d Portfolio Caviar Metallic
Palmer Jaguar Cosworth JP1 3.0 V6
- BrizzleJag

- Posts:195
- Joined:Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:06 pm
- Location:Bristol
Re: Waterless Coolant
Euro Car Parts sell it, so I just need purchase it when they have one of their 55% discount codes which is usually on a Bank Holiday weekend 
X100 XKR Pacific Blue Mods: EBC discs yellow stuff pads, Stainless Steel back pipes, Hel braided hoses
XF-S 3.0d Portfolio Caviar Metallic
Palmer Jaguar Cosworth JP1 3.0 V6
XF-S 3.0d Portfolio Caviar Metallic
Palmer Jaguar Cosworth JP1 3.0 V6
- BrizzleJag

- Posts:195
- Joined:Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:06 pm
- Location:Bristol
Re: Waterless Coolant
For anyone else thinking of doing this there is a very useful step by step guide here: https://www.danchuk.com/images/Download ... lation.pdf
X100 XKR Pacific Blue Mods: EBC discs yellow stuff pads, Stainless Steel back pipes, Hel braided hoses
XF-S 3.0d Portfolio Caviar Metallic
Palmer Jaguar Cosworth JP1 3.0 V6
XF-S 3.0d Portfolio Caviar Metallic
Palmer Jaguar Cosworth JP1 3.0 V6
Re: Waterless Coolant
I changed to waterless coolant before the winter and have no issues. Infact it hasn't used a drop of water since - well it wouldn't, it hasn't got any
Seriously all seems fine, as would be expected, and there's the piece of mind of less corrosion and no antifreeze required. Some might see it as expensive and overkill, others as futureproofing, and yet more as an excuse to spend more money on the car
Seriously all seems fine, as would be expected, and there's the piece of mind of less corrosion and no antifreeze required. Some might see it as expensive and overkill, others as futureproofing, and yet more as an excuse to spend more money on the car
Peter
1963 Mark 2 3.4
2005 XK8 4.2-S Convertible
2009 XF 3.0D PL
1963 Mark 2 3.4
2005 XK8 4.2-S Convertible
2009 XF 3.0D PL
- BrizzleJag

- Posts:195
- Joined:Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:06 pm
- Location:Bristol
Re: Waterless Coolant
Thanks that's useful feedback, still all positive.
X100 XKR Pacific Blue Mods: EBC discs yellow stuff pads, Stainless Steel back pipes, Hel braided hoses
XF-S 3.0d Portfolio Caviar Metallic
Palmer Jaguar Cosworth JP1 3.0 V6
XF-S 3.0d Portfolio Caviar Metallic
Palmer Jaguar Cosworth JP1 3.0 V6
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
