Page 1 of 1

Rear suspension overhaul

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:01 pm
by steve.pritchard146
Hi folks,
I’m wondering how do-able rear suspension dropping is in a ‘home’ garage.
I have a clunk from the diff which I’d like to address, probably as part of a complete overhaul.
However, assuming I get myself a transmission jack (always wanted one) and assuming I can somehow get the back end high enough and safely supported.....

I would be grateful for any advice from someone who may have done this.

Thanks in advance


Steve

Re: Rear suspension overhaul

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:31 pm
by Andy P
Hi Steve.
I have done that job myself,back in 2017 and on my drive as well(I don't have a garage :( ).
I'm pretty sure the XJ8 and XK8 rear suspension are the same.
Here's the link to the piece I wrote up about it.
viewtopic.php?f=95&t=11902
If you don't have a manual for your car here's a link to mine on my Google Drive.
All 3265 pages of it :lol:
Just click and download it to your computer to keep.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cPETO ... ca3kfJsBmg
Hope that helps and good luck.
Take care.
Andy :D

Re: Rear suspension overhaul

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:11 am
by steve.pritchard146
Hi Andy,
Thanks for the links, really helpful and has inspired me to have a crack.

Interesting discussion on SS fixings

Steve