Suspensuion Set up

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

Barrie05

Member
Posts:19
Joined:Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:51 pm
Suspensuion Set up

Postby Barrie05 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:48 pm

I have a 2001 XK8 Convertible with only 36,000 miles which seems to tram line on certain surfaces.I would like an specialist to overahaul my supension with possible improvments . I live in Somerset and work in Bristol does any one know of a good reliable company in my area.

Any information on modifactions that improve the handling would also be appreciated.

Many Thanks Barrie

User avatar
D_Doran
Posts:113
Joined:Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:21 pm

Postby D_Doran » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:24 pm

Barrie, it is entirely possible (and actual most likely) that the tramlining is actually caused by your wheels and is nothing to do with the suspension. It is very noticeable especially with the 20" low profile tyres, and you will find quite a few people on here have already posted as such.

To check, find a completely level bit of road and drive down the middle so the road camber won't affect it, and see if the car pulls at all. (Also check your tyre pressures are correct too)

Hope this helps put your mind at ease.

Damian

Barrie05

Member
Posts:19
Joined:Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:51 pm

Postby Barrie05 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:39 pm

Hi Doran

Thanks for reply
I have the standard 245 50 R17 Z98 , tread good and even on all 4 Tyres.
pressures all spot on 34 psi

I do a fair amount of counrty lane driving and it does not always fill me with confidence with tramlining and bump steer.

I also have a S Type SE with Sport suspension with 245 40 18 Y97 and this does not tram lime.

Regards Barrie

jagtech
Posts:51
Joined:Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:21 am

Postby jagtech » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:17 pm

Hi I would get the suspension checked for any worn joints/bushes these cars can tram line as a caracteristic but it is exagerated by worn components. Grange jaguar swindon offer a health check at a low cost


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest