pirelli tyres

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

traction392f
Posts:7
Joined:Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:24 pm
pirelli tyres

Postby traction392f » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:12 pm

Hi Have just seen web site for Asda tyres, just put reg in or tyre size and check those available.
Pirelli p zero about £150 each fully fitted.

James.

davidr

Moderator
Posts:2464
Joined:Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:31 pm
Location:Salisbury, Wilts

Re: pirelli tyres

Postby davidr » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:33 pm

Wow!! Need a set for my XKR so will take a look at that!!
Thanks for the tip!
Regards
David
XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible

Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Re: pirelli tyres

Postby mike020150 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:32 am

I checked the Asda site a fortnight ago looking for 20" rubber and received a message saying nothing available or words to that effect so don't get too excited! Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S

User avatar
J44EAG

Moderator
Posts:6239
Joined:Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:57 pm
Location:Warlingham Surrey/Faversham Kent

Re: pirelli tyres

Postby J44EAG » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:53 am

A good selection for 19" available and a very helpful price, noise, wet grip, fuel economy and XL (extra load carcass construction) guide on their listings. Makes it easy to compare a varied range of tyres against each other. Price is not the total factor governing tyre performance. The most expensive Michelin Pilot tyre listed is not supplied with XL in its specification.

Prices are in my opinion at typical retail levels. I would certainly be chatting to my excellent independent tame local tyre guy about his best deals on similar products before stumping up several hundred pounds on a new set of boots. I`ve often found he can save me a significant amount of cash when compared to national chains.

Always good to know about what options are available to us.

Mike K
X350 Co-ordinator

2004 XJR

painter

Member
Posts:325
Joined:Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:28 am
Location:Cornwall

Re: pirelli tyres

Postby painter » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:57 am

Not a steer to the economy run, but as an alternative I have fitted Dunlop Sportmax RT to my '96 XK8 and the noise difference is remarkable. The performance seems much better than the Pirellis although I don't throw the car into corners. My main concern is wet weather driving and they hold on the wet as they do on dry roads. Much quieter!. They were a bit expensive but well worth the money.

User avatar
DougX

Member
Posts:422
Joined:Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:02 pm
Location:Chelmsford

Re: pirelli tyres

Postby DougX » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:30 pm

Hi, I have just tried to get a replacement rear tyre for my 2005 XK8. The car is fitted with Avon all round. The rears are 285/30/ZR20 99Y's. Can you believe it I have just telephoned Avon and they tell me they don't make them any more!!! They also said they are not making 255/35/R20 97Y's which are fitted to the front, although on surfing the net, I can still see them advertised at certain outlets. My problem now is that I need one Avon tyre and can't get it, which will mean I will have to change both rears. Any suggestions anyone????

User avatar
BrizzleJag

Member
Posts:195
Joined:Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:06 pm
Location:Bristol

Re: pirelli tyres

Postby BrizzleJag » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:31 am

A good selection for 19" available and a very helpful price, noise, wet grip, fuel economy and XL (extra load carcass construction) guide on their listings. Makes it easy to compare a varied range of tyres against each other. Price is not the total factor governing tyre performance. The most expensive Michelin Pilot tyre listed is not supplied with XL in its specification.

Prices are in my opinion at typical retail levels. I would certainly be chatting to my excellent independent tame local tyre guy about his best deals on similar products before stumping up several hundred pounds on a new set of boots. I`ve often found he can save me a significant amount of cash when compared to national chains.

Always good to know about what options are available to us.

Mike K
I'm with Mike in supporting a local independent, by all means price check what's out there. In my experience a good independent is often more knowledgeable and offer better customer service and will do their best to match prices, however even if I have to pay a little more I'd rather have peace of mind that the tyres are fitted correctly and I have the right rubber. My guy is always happy to discuss the merits of one tyre over another which means I'm currently running Bridgestone Potenzas on my XKR. I value their advice and input and have built up a good relationship with them over the years, plus I like to support local business.
X100 XKR Pacific Blue Mods: EBC discs yellow stuff pads, Stainless Steel back pipes, Hel braided hoses
XF-S 3.0d Portfolio Caviar Metallic
Palmer Jaguar Cosworth JP1 3.0 V6


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests