Hi Team
I recently saw an add for wheel 'Extended Locaters ' to assiat in refitting wheels. We all know how heavy & awkward these are to position on the hub especialy with 20" wheels .
40/50cm (16/18") in length 2 Off they screwed into the hub allowing you to locate the wheel..
..push-home... fit nuts to hold wheel..... then remove the locaters & fit all nuts.
Does anyone know where these can be obtained
Thanks
Clive Newbury
Wheel 'Extended Locaters ' to assiat in refitting wheels
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
-
clivesaunders

- Posts:31
- Joined:Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:23 pm
-
GrandTourer
- Posts:297
- Joined:Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:58 pm
- Location:Leicester, UK
Re: Wheel 'Extended Locaters ' to assiat in refitting wheels
Hi Clive,
I bought a pair quite a few years ago now -I would not be without them for anything. By the way, I have 18" flute wheels on my car.
I first saw an article about them in the JEC mag, someone who made them for himself.
Later I saw them advertised by someone called "Zaran" or similar. I will dig back in my 'mountinous' information to see if I can find anything, but quite honestly I am not too hopeful. Maybe someone else will come up with a more accurate info.
If you have not located any and happen to come to the JEC Northern Day,
let me know and I will bring my pair with me for you to have a look at if you like.
Meantime, good luck in your search, it will definitely worth it.
I bought a pair quite a few years ago now -I would not be without them for anything. By the way, I have 18" flute wheels on my car.
I first saw an article about them in the JEC mag, someone who made them for himself.
Later I saw them advertised by someone called "Zaran" or similar. I will dig back in my 'mountinous' information to see if I can find anything, but quite honestly I am not too hopeful. Maybe someone else will come up with a more accurate info.
If you have not located any and happen to come to the JEC Northern Day,
let me know and I will bring my pair with me for you to have a look at if you like.
Meantime, good luck in your search, it will definitely worth it.
______________________________
Karl, XK8 MY2000 Pacific Blue
Karl, XK8 MY2000 Pacific Blue
Re: Wheel 'Extended Locaters ' to assiat in refitting wheels
Hi Folks,
I've been in touch with Bleasie who I believe had the pair made which were featured in the JEC.
He doesn't think anyone is making them at present. If you measure the spigot diameter on the nut and you already know the length you might need - Then i'm sure an engineering company or local retired engineer could make a pair. The thread should be no problem either for them to produce - I haven't checked my XJ8 but because of the length of the studs do they even need to be threaded? If the worst came to the worst then the wheel and adaptors would only drop back down - as the wheel does sometimes when you have no adaptors. For the number of times they are used I don't think they would mark the studs which are of a harder material than the mild steel or even aluminium alloy you would probably use. As a little luxury the they could be slightly tapered from the outer end for a couple of inches and even lightly knurled for grip for removal if you have them threaded.
Regards,
Ian
I've been in touch with Bleasie who I believe had the pair made which were featured in the JEC.
He doesn't think anyone is making them at present. If you measure the spigot diameter on the nut and you already know the length you might need - Then i'm sure an engineering company or local retired engineer could make a pair. The thread should be no problem either for them to produce - I haven't checked my XJ8 but because of the length of the studs do they even need to be threaded? If the worst came to the worst then the wheel and adaptors would only drop back down - as the wheel does sometimes when you have no adaptors. For the number of times they are used I don't think they would mark the studs which are of a harder material than the mild steel or even aluminium alloy you would probably use. As a little luxury the they could be slightly tapered from the outer end for a couple of inches and even lightly knurled for grip for removal if you have them threaded.
Regards,
Ian
Re: Wheel 'Extended Locaters ' to assiat in refitting wheels
XK8 Registrar
2016 F-Type British Design Edition AWD; 1972 650 Triton
2016 F-Type British Design Edition AWD; 1972 650 Triton
-
GrandTourer
- Posts:297
- Joined:Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:58 pm
- Location:Leicester, UK
Re: Wheel 'Extended Locaters ' to assiat in refitting wheels
Clive,
Here are the details of the supplier I got my items from:
Company: XKZ - Zahran Ltd
Address: 2 Cherry Acre
Chalfont St Peter
Gerrards Cross
Buckinghamshire
SL9 0SX
Contact: Chris Brueton
Telephone: 01494 875 157
Email: chriscbrueton.fsnet.co.uk
Website: www.xkz.uk.com
Profile: Specialists in the design, manufacture and supply of XK8 and XKR products for the jaguar enthusiast. Interior and exterior accessories, engine and suspension performance parts. Competitive prices, Trade enquiries welcome - XKZ Zahran Limited 01494 875 157 www.xkz.uk.com
I don't know if he still supplies them but it must be worth a call.
ATB
Karl
Here are the details of the supplier I got my items from:
Company: XKZ - Zahran Ltd
Address: 2 Cherry Acre
Chalfont St Peter
Gerrards Cross
Buckinghamshire
SL9 0SX
Contact: Chris Brueton
Telephone: 01494 875 157
Email: chriscbrueton.fsnet.co.uk
Website: www.xkz.uk.com
Profile: Specialists in the design, manufacture and supply of XK8 and XKR products for the jaguar enthusiast. Interior and exterior accessories, engine and suspension performance parts. Competitive prices, Trade enquiries welcome - XKZ Zahran Limited 01494 875 157 www.xkz.uk.com
I don't know if he still supplies them but it must be worth a call.
ATB
Karl
______________________________
Karl, XK8 MY2000 Pacific Blue
Karl, XK8 MY2000 Pacific Blue
-
clivesaunders

- Posts:31
- Joined:Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:23 pm
Re: Wheel 'Extended Locaters ' to assiat in refitting wheels
" Thanks Guys "... much apperciated ... at my age 66 struggeling with these heavy wheel ! !
Best
Clive
Best
Clive
-
Brakebuster
- Posts:3145
- Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
- Location:Gloucester UK
Re: Wheel 'Extended Locaters ' to assiat in refitting wheels
excuse my ignorance,
but how does lifting the wheel onto extended studs differ from ' normal ' studs ?
as the process is still the same isnt it, just further away from the hub, as you still have to lift the same height , and locate the wheel over the stud........... or am i missing something ?
BB
but how does lifting the wheel onto extended studs differ from ' normal ' studs ?
as the process is still the same isnt it, just further away from the hub, as you still have to lift the same height , and locate the wheel over the stud........... or am i missing something ?
BB
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior
old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior
old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type
Re: Wheel 'Extended Locaters ' to assiat in refitting wheels
BB
You don't have to lift the wheel in the same way as you are working outside of the wheel arch.
It's difficult to explain. If you ever see someone using them you'll understand the benefits.
When using the extenders you MUST screw them fully home or you will bend/snap the stud(s)
AllanJ
You don't have to lift the wheel in the same way as you are working outside of the wheel arch.
It's difficult to explain. If you ever see someone using them you'll understand the benefits.
When using the extenders you MUST screw them fully home or you will bend/snap the stud(s)
AllanJ
XK8 Registrar
2016 F-Type British Design Edition AWD; 1972 650 Triton
2016 F-Type British Design Edition AWD; 1972 650 Triton
-
GrandTourer
- Posts:297
- Joined:Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:58 pm
- Location:Leicester, UK
Re: Wheel 'Extended Locaters ' to assiat in refitting wheels
Brake Buster,
It makes a hell of a difference even so you are doing the same thing.
The main point is, you lift the wheels close to your body, rather than lift and than move them onto the wheel hub by extending your arms, than try to align the holes - phew, my back hurts only writing about it
.
I have a dodgy back, but no problems since I use the extenders.
It makes a hell of a difference even so you are doing the same thing.
The main point is, you lift the wheels close to your body, rather than lift and than move them onto the wheel hub by extending your arms, than try to align the holes - phew, my back hurts only writing about it
I have a dodgy back, but no problems since I use the extenders.
______________________________
Karl, XK8 MY2000 Pacific Blue
Karl, XK8 MY2000 Pacific Blue
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
