Page 1 of 1

wheel balancing

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:11 pm
by para
Hi all
I have 20 inch BBs alloys on my 2002 xkr ive read somewhere ( cant remember where ) these particular wheels are extremely difficult to balance and special care must be taken any thoughts or experiences would be welcome is it ok for instance to go to the usual tyre fitters eg quik fit ect I am a relatively new member so thanks in advance happy new year to you all

Para

Re: wheel balancing

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:37 pm
by Brakebuster
i would take them to ' pro-tyre '

my local pro-tyre provides a very good service and is used to custom and special wheels

give your local shop a ring, and explain your requirements

BB

Re: wheel balancing

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:08 pm
by dhdove
Para

I agree with BB, ProTyre have a good reputation and I would use them if they have a branch local to you.

I would strongly advise you to steer clear of your local KwikFit etc, they will be out of their depth and unrepentant after they have damaged your alloys, "sorry mate, anyway they're old wheels aren't they, you expect a few scrapes........"

Best
TonyS

Re: wheel balancing

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:23 am
by Nik
I needed a couple of tyres at very short notice and went to KwikFit as they were the only local tyre shop to have the correct sizes for my wifes Micra :roll:
I wouldn't let them within a mile of my XK , they were really rough and ready :(
The fitter didn't even know how to use a torque wrench correctly :?

All the best

Nik

Re: wheel balancing

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:35 pm
by mike020150
Pirelli designate some of their fitting centres as 'Pirelli Performance Centres' and these are intended to be better at solving performance tyre issues, like balancing to a high standard. Try http://www.pirelli.com/tyre/gb/en/car/g ... er_locator for a list of locations. Mike.

Re: wheel balancing

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:11 pm
by para
Thanks guys for the replys my nearest protyre is about 20 miles away about the same distance as the pirelli centre so it will be one or the other This is one of the things thats great about this club good advice in a click

Thanks Para