Tyre pressures non standard tyres

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

7LRT

Member
Posts:2
Joined:Tue May 02, 2006 5:34 pm
Tyre pressures non standard tyres

Postby 7LRT » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:46 pm

Being unable to find Jaguar spec 18” Pirelli tyres I have now had fitted Michelin Pilot Sport replacements all round on my x100 XK8. The handbook states if non recommended tyres are fitted the pressures should be 44 psi all round. With the considerable advances in tyre construction since the year 2000 what would your recommendation be as I feel 44 psi is excessive? Many thanks, Roy

ptjs1

Member
Posts:3520
Joined:Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:14 pm
Location:Kent

Re: Tyre pressures non standard tyres

Postby ptjs1 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:30 pm

Roy,

I'm not sure that "non recommended" tyres means a tyre that is just a different brand.

If you've fitted the same size tyres as previously fitted, I would run them at exactly the same pressures as were originally specified.

Cheers

Paul
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)

andypryce

Member
Posts:1276
Joined:Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:43 am
Location:Liverpool

Re: Tyre pressures non standard tyres

Postby andypryce » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:49 pm

Agree, 44 sounds much too high to me, think 33-35 is recommended pressure.
Andy

XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests