Brembo - Bleeding Brakes
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
Can anyone tell me how to bleed my XK8 Brembo brakes? I have just watched two video’s on “You Tube”, one made in America which suggested bleeding the inside nipple first, then I watched a British video which suggested bleeding the outside first. Confused, you bet! I hope by raising this question i get a unison answer, or i will still be 🫤.
Re: Brembo - Bleeding Brakes
I was always told you start furthest from the fluid reservoir, although I’m not sure it matters that much.
Andy
XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998
XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998
Re: Brembo - Bleeding Brakes
I was told the same, but that doesn't answer whether you bleed the inner nipple or the outer nipple first, or doesn't it matter?
Re: Brembo - Bleeding Brakes
I too would have said start at the most distant point and work forward from there and also applied that to the inner and outer Brembo bleed points, however, if in doubt, read the Instruction Book!
JTIS conflicts with advice to start at the rear, but agrees with outer before inner bleed points.
The guidance for the order of bleeding from front left to right rear is given for standard brakes too.
Who'd've thought it
JTIS conflicts with advice to start at the rear, but agrees with outer before inner bleed points.
The guidance for the order of bleeding from front left to right rear is given for standard brakes too.
Who'd've thought it
2005 XK8 4.2-S Coupe
2024 XE 300 Sport
2024 XE 300 Sport
Re: Brembo - Bleeding Brakes
Hi Astromorg, thanks for the advice. Can you post a link to the advice sheet you have posted as its not coming clear enough to read on my computer?
Re: Brembo - Bleeding Brakes
If you click on the image it should open in a new window, he is always a fount of knowledge, has helped me out several times!
Andy
XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998
XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998
Re: Brembo - Bleeding Brakes
Got it, thanks.
Re: Brembo - Bleeding Brakes
Further to my last, what brake fluid is recommended for Brembo Brakes? Anyone know?
Re: Brembo - Bleeding Brakes
Again referring to JTIS, the advice for all X100 models is to use ITT Super Dot 4. That raises the question what is ITT and I have no idea and nor can I find anything appropriate on the internet.
Intriguingly, the final edition of JTIS, covering the last X100 models, carried this rider in the Brake Spec section though note the publication date in the top righthand corner
This Shell publication is interesting
http://triska-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/ ... re_low.pdf
I usually change the fluid every two years and have always used Castrol React Performance Dot4 for the past 17 years without any problems
Intriguingly, the final edition of JTIS, covering the last X100 models, carried this rider in the Brake Spec section though note the publication date in the top righthand corner
This Shell publication is interesting
http://triska-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/ ... re_low.pdf
I usually change the fluid every two years and have always used Castrol React Performance Dot4 for the past 17 years without any problems
2005 XK8 4.2-S Coupe
2024 XE 300 Sport
2024 XE 300 Sport
Re: Brembo - Bleeding Brakes
Thanks again Astromorg, just ordered two litres of the Castrol brake fluid you suggested on line. Surprised Halfords don’t carry it in their stores.
Re: Brembo - Bleeding Brakes
Bleeding brakes! Who needs ‘em?! LOL 

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
