2003 XKR fault codes c1175 c1165 HELP
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
Hi
I have a problem which I hope can be solved with the vast knowledge from the JEC club.
My XKR is showing the fault codes above, I have had the rear sensors replaced, the wiring loom replaced, the abs pump and module
replaced but the codes will not clear, the reluctor rings are fine,at first they did clear then they came back and now will not clear, I would pull my hair out but I have none, any help would be much appreciated.
Regards
Vince
I have a problem which I hope can be solved with the vast knowledge from the JEC club.
My XKR is showing the fault codes above, I have had the rear sensors replaced, the wiring loom replaced, the abs pump and module
replaced but the codes will not clear, the reluctor rings are fine,at first they did clear then they came back and now will not clear, I would pull my hair out but I have none, any help would be much appreciated.
Regards
Vince
-
mike020150

- Posts:3469
- Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm
Re: 2003 XKR fault codes c1175 c1165 HELP
One issue which has caused similar consternation is wheel bearing wear. Small amounts of wheel bearing wear have been known to be sufficient to produce erratic signals from the sensors as the reluctor rings move further away from the sensors than normal due to the increased bearing movement. Hence, it would be worth checking and, if necessary, eliminating this possible culprit. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S
Re: 2003 XKR fault codes c1175 c1165 HELP
Another unusual cause of DSC problems is wheel diameter variation. That might be caused by an incorrect tyre size on either the front or rear tyres. Although it shouldn't happen, new tyres at one end and well worn ones at the other might in extremis be enough?
2005 XK8 4.2-S Coupe
2024 XE 300 Sport
2024 XE 300 Sport
Re: 2003 XKR fault codes c1175 c1165 HELP
Hi
The fault codes come up without the car being driven, wheel bearings are in good order, tyres are good and the correct size.
The faults say there is a circuit failure !! any ideas how to isolate each fault ?
The fault codes come up without the car being driven, wheel bearings are in good order, tyres are good and the correct size.
The faults say there is a circuit failure !! any ideas how to isolate each fault ?
Re: 2003 XKR fault codes c1175 c1165 HELP
The process for testing the wiring from the sensors to the ABS/DSC Module is straightforward in theory, but a bit awkward in practice because of their distance apart when using a meter with short leads! Connections to extension leads must be good and of low resistance because of the low resistances you're about to measure. Procedure for one of them is here, but the other is the same, just checking different coloured wires;
The wiring diagram shows the colours of the wires from the sensors to the module and the pin numbers for the module connector. You will need to use the pin number for each wire as the colours are a number of times in that one, so here would be a diagram of that connector, but I can't seem to add any more pictures. I'll put it in another post, to follow!
The wiring diagram shows the colours of the wires from the sensors to the module and the pin numbers for the module connector. You will need to use the pin number for each wire as the colours are a number of times in that one, so here would be a diagram of that connector, but I can't seem to add any more pictures. I'll put it in another post, to follow!
Last edited by Astromorg on Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2005 XK8 4.2-S Coupe
2024 XE 300 Sport
2024 XE 300 Sport
Re: 2003 XKR fault codes c1175 c1165 HELP
Connector diagram from previous post!
I hope all that makes sense and is able to identify any wiring faults. If a short or an open circuit is identified it might still be difficult to find it!
Note that the rear sensor wires pass through three inter connectors that would be worth checking. Their positions are given here;
Good luck with all that
I hope all that makes sense and is able to identify any wiring faults. If a short or an open circuit is identified it might still be difficult to find it!
Note that the rear sensor wires pass through three inter connectors that would be worth checking. Their positions are given here;
Good luck with all that
2005 XK8 4.2-S Coupe
2024 XE 300 Sport
2024 XE 300 Sport
Re: 2003 XKR fault codes c1175 c1165 HELP
Hi
Thanks for going to all the trouble and posting this, I have had no luck finding the fault though.
I have bought fault code reader and I can clear the faults apart from this one !! the reader says there are
no faults now but they will not clear from the dash !!
I am going to take the car to a auto electrician before I go mad !!
Thanks for going to all the trouble and posting this, I have had no luck finding the fault though.
I have bought fault code reader and I can clear the faults apart from this one !! the reader says there are
no faults now but they will not clear from the dash !!
I am going to take the car to a auto electrician before I go mad !!
- 3.8etypephil

- Posts:238
- Joined:Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:23 pm
- Location:Watton & Budapest.
- Contact:
Re: 2003 XKR fault codes c1175 c1165 HELP
Before you give your money away, have you tried a hard reset?Hi
Thanks for going to all the trouble and posting this, I have had no luck finding the fault though.
I have bought fault code reader and I can clear the faults apart from this one !! the reader says there are
no faults now but they will not clear from the dash !!
I am going to take the car to a auto electrician before I go mad !!
Eta: and is your battery up to scratch? Even a slight deficiency can cause spurious messages and fault codes.
Phil
2013 XFR
2008 XJR
2013 XFR
2008 XJR
Re: 2003 XKR fault codes c1175 c1165 HELP
Hi
The XK is now in the hands of Jardine Jaguar in Tonbridge, Clarkes jaguar could not sort out the problem and suggested them.
They have replaced the ABS module because they believed that was the problem, i did tell them that the module had been sent off and came back with no faults found, the company who tested it said it was reading the sensors !!
One new module fitted and the same problem !! they are now changing the reluctor ring on the rear nearside !! apparently they have to follow
a certain procedure when they have trouble finding a fault, I suppose they have to tick off all the possible causes, one thing is though ?? how much is this going to cost me, and will they charge me for the things they have done which have not solved the problem !? the module supply and fit was about £2000 ! they said its a four hour job to do ! bloody hell, where is the brandy !!
The XK is now in the hands of Jardine Jaguar in Tonbridge, Clarkes jaguar could not sort out the problem and suggested them.
They have replaced the ABS module because they believed that was the problem, i did tell them that the module had been sent off and came back with no faults found, the company who tested it said it was reading the sensors !!
One new module fitted and the same problem !! they are now changing the reluctor ring on the rear nearside !! apparently they have to follow
a certain procedure when they have trouble finding a fault, I suppose they have to tick off all the possible causes, one thing is though ?? how much is this going to cost me, and will they charge me for the things they have done which have not solved the problem !? the module supply and fit was about £2000 ! they said its a four hour job to do ! bloody hell, where is the brandy !!
-
mike020150

- Posts:3469
- Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm
Re: 2003 XKR fault codes c1175 c1165 HELP
Ouch! Please let us know the outcome. With sympathy, Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S
Re: 2003 XKR fault codes c1175 c1165 HELP
What a pain. It is worth checking with them if they plan to charge for stuff that doesn't cure the problem, I would at least expect them to agree a reduced cost.
Andy
XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998
XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998
Re: 2003 XKR fault codes c1175 c1165 HELP
Hi
I am going over to Jardine Jaguar this morning, I have been quoted £729.67 to replace the rear nearside brake back plate as
it is badly corroded !! They have also quoted £432 to see what the problem is with the front and rear fog lights !! Hand rake cable on the near side as it is kinked £422.30 !! It seems they are picking figures out of the sky to me.
I will let you know the outcome.
Regards
Vince
I am going over to Jardine Jaguar this morning, I have been quoted £729.67 to replace the rear nearside brake back plate as
it is badly corroded !! They have also quoted £432 to see what the problem is with the front and rear fog lights !! Hand rake cable on the near side as it is kinked £422.30 !! It seems they are picking figures out of the sky to me.
I will let you know the outcome.
Regards
Vince
Re: 2003 XKR fault codes c1175 c1165 HELP
Crikey, once they replace the whole car ask them to put it in the showroom!
Andy
XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998
XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998
Re: 2003 XKR fault codes c1175 c1165 HELP
Hi
Well, after my visit to Jardine there has been a bit of a development, I asked them what is the point of changing the rear nearside reluctor ring if the fault comes up when the car is stationary ! they have agreed to question that, but why not earlier ? some of the prices of things to do they are looking at as well which is good, it seems the workshop has has just priced things up as separate jobs instead of combined. The rear hub is already off so doing some of the other jobs should be part prices only.
The fault with the ABS has not yet been found though, I have said I think it is further forward on the car, IE: after the ABS module and on the BCM or ECU, if they have covered all the other items up to the module it has to be !
They did make a bit of a cock up as well, in one of their reports they produce on a video (very useful) they pointed out the age cracking in the front tyres, one worse than the other, I said to change both front tyres and match the rear tyres which were in good condition, about 6mm left,
They changed both the rear ones instead to match the front ones !!! so far they have had 21 hrs trying to sort out the car, at £216 an hour !!
More to come.
Regards
Vince
Well, after my visit to Jardine there has been a bit of a development, I asked them what is the point of changing the rear nearside reluctor ring if the fault comes up when the car is stationary ! they have agreed to question that, but why not earlier ? some of the prices of things to do they are looking at as well which is good, it seems the workshop has has just priced things up as separate jobs instead of combined. The rear hub is already off so doing some of the other jobs should be part prices only.
The fault with the ABS has not yet been found though, I have said I think it is further forward on the car, IE: after the ABS module and on the BCM or ECU, if they have covered all the other items up to the module it has to be !
They did make a bit of a cock up as well, in one of their reports they produce on a video (very useful) they pointed out the age cracking in the front tyres, one worse than the other, I said to change both front tyres and match the rear tyres which were in good condition, about 6mm left,
They changed both the rear ones instead to match the front ones !!! so far they have had 21 hrs trying to sort out the car, at £216 an hour !!
More to come.
Regards
Vince
Re: 2003 XKR fault codes c1175 c1165 HELP
Vince,
What is the car actually worth? I hope you plan on keeping it long term as you’re never going to recoup the cost if you sell. The story would make a good write up for the magazine, if you can bear to!
What is the car actually worth? I hope you plan on keeping it long term as you’re never going to recoup the cost if you sell. The story would make a good write up for the magazine, if you can bear to!
Andy
XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998
XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests