Hi all,
The last MOT had an advisory for a rusty rear brake pipe. I plan to replace using Cunifer pipe, so before I get it jacked up does anybody know if the brake pipe connectors are metric or imperial and the size?
I will try and remember to take some photos as I go. I also have the 2 rear shocks to replace as well.
I will also take the opportunity to replace the brake fluid as I suspect this is original as well! DOT 4 is the recommended I believe.
Cheers
Garry
Brake pipes
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
1999 XK8 Coupe
2009 LR D3
Both make me smile
2009 LR D3
Both make me smile
-
Brakebuster
- Posts:3145
- Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
- Location:Gloucester UK
Re: Brake pipes
before you do , quite a few of the replacement parts are still available from jaguar and reasonable prices
i recently had to change a rear brake feed pipe at the front of the car for a fellow member on his 2004 XK8 , and it was only £17 i think for the pre formed correct pipe,
all fittings will be metric , and yes, Dot 4 fluid will be fine
BB
i recently had to change a rear brake feed pipe at the front of the car for a fellow member on his 2004 XK8 , and it was only £17 i think for the pre formed correct pipe,
all fittings will be metric , and yes, Dot 4 fluid will be fine
BB
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior
old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior
old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest