In the cold light of day I think I see more of what they were doing. By bridging the wires at one end they measured the resistance at the other end of both wires in series. Reported resistance of 0.83 an 0.73 ohms for left and right sensor wires which is OK, but not if there's a short somewhere.
Elsewhere it states No short to ground, measured at the BT72-1 connector (Why there and what about BT73-1? Odd!)
What all the voltage readings are for I don't know, but the discrepancy between LF37-36 (Lefthand sensor) 12.85v and LF37-43 (Righthand sensor) 1.02v should be explained. Surely that's a red flag?
I'm sure they'll argue that they did check the wiring adequately, but to my mind the notes they made don't indicate a thorough investigation and the end solution of replacing some (or all?) of the associated wiring harness rather proves the point.
2003 XKR fault codes c1175 c1165 HELP
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
2005 XK8 4.2-S Coupe
2024 XE 300 Sport
2024 XE 300 Sport
Re: 2003 XKR fault codes c1175 c1165 HELP
Hi
After only a couple of hundred miles it seems like the front nearside wheel bearing has failed !! this is the side they replaced the reluctor ring on !! if the bearing had to be removed to do the ring I suspect it was put back and over tightened, just like the rear one they over tightened.
I will have to get it checked to find out, what a bloody pain in the a@"
After only a couple of hundred miles it seems like the front nearside wheel bearing has failed !! this is the side they replaced the reluctor ring on !! if the bearing had to be removed to do the ring I suspect it was put back and over tightened, just like the rear one they over tightened.
I will have to get it checked to find out, what a bloody pain in the a@"
-
mike020150

- Posts:3469
- Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm
Re: 2003 XKR fault codes c1175 c1165 HELP
Commiserations! Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S
Re: 2003 XKR fault codes c1175 c1165 HELP
Hi
Well !! the story with Jardine Jaguar just keeps going on !! I picked up the Xk from storage thinking about the wheel bearing problem and that I must get it sorted, after a couple of miles I realised that it was a rear wheal bearing that was making the noise ! I thought it cannot be the one that has been replaced already under warranty, could it ?? yes !!! of course it is, I got the car home I checked all the bearings front and rear and the rear nearside that had been replaced has failed after only a couple of hundred miles !!!! What the bloody hell; is going on at Jardine Jaguar ????
They first replaced the bearing when they first replaced the reluctor ring which I said could not be the problem as the fault was a stationary fault (they changed it anyway), because of the "good practice" procedure the also replaced the bearing at the same time, after having no problem with the bearing until they changed it I now find myself in the position of having to get it replaced again for the second time !!??
I love the XK but my patience is getting pretty thin, its not the cars fault though but ???!!!
Well !! the story with Jardine Jaguar just keeps going on !! I picked up the Xk from storage thinking about the wheel bearing problem and that I must get it sorted, after a couple of miles I realised that it was a rear wheal bearing that was making the noise ! I thought it cannot be the one that has been replaced already under warranty, could it ?? yes !!! of course it is, I got the car home I checked all the bearings front and rear and the rear nearside that had been replaced has failed after only a couple of hundred miles !!!! What the bloody hell; is going on at Jardine Jaguar ????
They first replaced the bearing when they first replaced the reluctor ring which I said could not be the problem as the fault was a stationary fault (they changed it anyway), because of the "good practice" procedure the also replaced the bearing at the same time, after having no problem with the bearing until they changed it I now find myself in the position of having to get it replaced again for the second time !!??
I love the XK but my patience is getting pretty thin, its not the cars fault though but ???!!!
Last edited by vinniexkr on Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: 2003 XKR fault codes c1175 c1165 HELP
Hi
The car is now back with Jardine jaguar at Tonbridge, I had to get a breakdown flat bed to get it over there as the wheel
bearing was breaking up !
I am now waiting for them to get in touch with their findings !! I need a proper explanation from them because this had gone to far now
and I am very P=%%@d off
The car is now back with Jardine jaguar at Tonbridge, I had to get a breakdown flat bed to get it over there as the wheel
bearing was breaking up !
I am now waiting for them to get in touch with their findings !! I need a proper explanation from them because this had gone to far now
and I am very P=%%@d off
Re: 2003 XKR fault codes c1175 c1165 HELP
Hi
I am still waiting for Jardine to have a look at the XKR ! I am at a loss at the moment as to what to do, I suppose
I will just have to wait.....and wait........and wait.........................!!
I am still waiting for Jardine to have a look at the XKR ! I am at a loss at the moment as to what to do, I suppose
I will just have to wait.....and wait........and wait.........................!!
-
mike020150

- Posts:3469
- Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm
Re: 2003 XKR fault codes c1175 c1165 HELP
A good garage, often a specialist for older cars, is worth its weight in gold! Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S
Re: 2003 XKR fault codes c1175 c1165 HELP
A good garage is worth its weight in gold, but I can't find one, I am still waiting for the car, have a look at my blog about my e-type !!
I thought they were the experts, my god, how wrong was I !!??
I thought they were the experts, my god, how wrong was I !!??
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest